Stuck on welcome screen

DogeLife

When I was playing last night I decided to get off and turned off my pc. It was storming that night btw. I got on like an hour later and it all seemed fine until I got to the login. When I tried to login it would get stuck on welcome and spin forever. Also there is a red light in my pic. I was wondering if this might be storm damage or just a coincidence.

Is it the light next to the MemOK! button? If it is then you have a ram issue, push the MemOK! button and it should in theory fix the issue for you, if it's some other light then find out what it is and go from there.

Don't forget to follow your topics (as you did here.)

Also giving specs on your PC (detailed ones) including your power supply either in your post or as your signature help tremendously.

Motherboard: MSI G45 | CPU: Intel i7 4790K | RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | PSU: Corsair HX650W | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120's | Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition | OS: Windows 10

Is it the light next to the MemOK! button? If it is then you have a ram issue, push the MemOK! button and it should in theory fix the issue for you, if it's some other light then find out what it is and go from there.

Don't forget to follow your topics (as you did here.)

Also giving specs on your PC (detailed ones) including your power supply either in your post or as your signature help tremendously.

my specs are

Cx600m psu

I5 4440

Gtx 970

H81m-p33 Msi

Actually not front panel it is like where the power button is

Actually not front panel it is like where the power button is

Try pulling the power plug and draining the system, if that doesn't work try resetting the cmos by pulling the battery.

Motherboard: MSI G45 | CPU: Intel i7 4790K | RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | SSD: 2x Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | PSU: Corsair HX650W | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120's | Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition | OS: Windows 10

Try pulling the power plug and draining the system, if that doesn't work try resetting the cmos by pulling the battery.

Would this be caused by the stormy weather, let's say if OP had a sketchy or no grounder thingy on his roof?

If so, then...

You're welcome

You're welcome

You're welcome

Sorry.

Would this be caused by the stormy weather, let's say if OP had a sketchy or no grounder thingy on his roof?

If so, then...

You're welcome

You're welcome

You're welcome

Sorry.

yea it could, the plug could trickle power from the storm and mess woth things.

yea it could, the plug could trickle power from the storm and mess woth things.

You're welcome!

You're welcome!

For what?