Laptop for school

Hello, I'm looking for a laptop that i'll be using for school.

My budget is around 400, maximum 500 euros (I really don't want to go over it).

I'll be mainly using it for school related stuff (looking up information on the internet, word, excel,...) and also for watching series online.

(I live in Belgium if that matters)

Thanks for the help!

Chromebook?

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

Hello, I'm looking for a laptop that i'll be using for school.

My budget is around 400, maximum 500 euros (I really don't want to go over it).

I'll be mainly using it for school related stuff (looking up information on the internet, word, excel,...) and also for watching series online.

(I live in Belgium if that matters)

Thanks for the help!

well i just got one thats in your price point the acer aspire E5-521-67bl it has a a6 6310 apu which runs great 8 gb of ram for all dem chrome tabies and a 1 tb hard drive.

the down side what i find its a glossy screen and only 768p but for the price its a great laptop.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Chromebook?

I don't know a whole lot about Chromebooks, are they worth it? 

I looked into it and they only have 32 GB SSD storage (or the ones available in Belgium) I know they have CloudStorage but i'm not sold on that.

On the other hand I was looking at the Lenovo Ideapad G50-80 as it is on sale right now for €499 or the Acer Extensa EX2510-3230 for €419 which fits better in my budget.

I found this on amazon.it: http://www.amazon.it/Asus-X554LA-XO893H-Risoluzione-Processore-Corei5-5210U/dp/B00WHWG1KW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1439034804&sr=8-6&keywords=laptop

It has an Intel Core i5, 4gb RAM and a 500gb Hard Drive.

You'll see the italian version of the website since i live in italy, just search the exact model on your store and the price should be pretty much the same. ;)

I think this is a good laptop for school purposes considering the price. :D

Or you can have this one: http://www.amazon.it/Asus-X554LA-XO496H-Risoluzione-Processore-Corei3-4030U/dp/B00WHWFXZG/ref=pd_cp_147_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1MEP7G8BM2RFSNXPXG37

It is the same but only with an Intel Core i3 processor, and it costs about 100€ less than the previous one.

if you browse your local computer stores, you can probably find something whit i5 (but even i3 works) at your price range, maybe even cheaper.... 

Thanks for all the help guys! I really appriciate it.

No problem! ;)