To help LTT out, should I allow ads to finish?

shomai

Does it help youtube content providers (particularly Linus) if I allowed the pre-vid ads to finish instead of skipping them? Or is the unskippable 5-second intro enough for the content provider to earn his keep?

I use adblock when I watch youtube videos. But then when I'm working, I disable adblock and just let Linus' playlists play in the background. Does it help them out or should I just stop this "playing in the background" nonsense and just allow their ads to load when i watch?

I think it is not only the amount of Plays but the number of ads clicked. I think if all the ad is played, that may increase revenue but if you wanted to help them most, clicking on the ads would be best.

I am not entirely sure with this, some please correct me if I am wrong.

Does it help youtube content providers (particularly Linus) if I allowed the pre-vid ads to finish instead of skipping them? Or is the unskippable 5-second intro enough for the content provider to earn his keep?

I use adblock when I watch youtube videos. But then when I'm working, I disable adblock and just let Linus' playlists play in the background. Does it help them out or should I just stop this "playing in the background" nonsense and just allow their ads to load when i watch?

You should allow ads to load only when you watch (it is enough :) ), but to help at 100% you should completely uninstall AdBlock or enable it only in cases where everything you click on a website pops out an ad.

Otherwise, it is like going into a newsstand, reading the newspaper and then bring it back to the newsstand without ever paying it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late show of gratitude guys. Been very busy lately with work. But still, thanks much for the feedback!

I think it is not only the amount of Plays but the number of ads clicked. I think if all the ad is played, that may increase revenue but if you wanted to help them most, clicking on the ads would be best.

I am not entirely sure with this, some please correct me if I am wrong.

So their ad revenue is based on the amount of ads I accidentally click?