Anyone taken apart a phone and replaced its screen.

YT2002

My phone shattered ;( and was wondering how easy is it for me to replace the screen by myself. It is a moto g 2014 and i know it involves a tork5 screwdriver and a heatgun. I just need to replace the glass is it really that hard?

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

If there is a screen replacement for a little bit more than the glass, buy the screen. It takes a lot of time to change glass on the screen not to mention you can feck up many times.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

It's one of the hardest things to do well on a phone, I've done several glass changes and I'm almost never happy with the results It's just never the same as before.

I've done it myself to an HTC Wildfire S and while it was stressful, it's something you only want to do once as the second time I had to crack it open, the LCD screen ribbon broke.Make sure you get a tough replacement screen and make sure it won't break as easily as the last one.

It was supposed to be BushMechanic