Windows.old safe to remove

Babababa

i just upgraded to windows 10 and im wondering if it is safe to remove windows.old as its taking up 32gb on my ssd..... do i have to remove it a different way or just delete that thing 

I would keep them in case if you wanted to roll back. Without that folder and it's contents you won't be able to restore windows to whatever OS you were running before, and you'd have to do a complete reinstall.

I would say keep it just for downgrade if you don't like Windows 10, which i doubt a lot of peoples right now are reverting back to their previous OS. 

i just upgraded to windows 10 and im wondering if it is safe to remove windows.old as its taking up 32gb on my ssd..... do i have to remove it a different way or just delete that thing 

You can remove it on the Disk Cleanup on the Drive. Right click on the Drive, Properties, Disk Cleanup, once the box pops up, you can select System Files and you will be able to select Old Operating Systems.

I would recommend doing it this way. However, it will mean you cannot revert back to Windows 7/8/8.1.

Its image of your previous OS. If you don't need files and settings you had on OS drive, just delete it. You can go back to previous OS but it will be clean install. You can also move that folder to HDD or your backup device.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv