Mechanical Keyboard

Scottonpc

I'm looking for a mechanical gaming keyboard to replace my old membrane keyboard, there's a lot of choice so I'm not sure. I play CSGO and my budget is around £70 - £80. Thank you.

First, determine which type of switches are best for you. When I was looking to get my keyboard upgraded to mechanical last year, I hit my local computer store and talked to the employee. He let me try out some keyboards so I would be able to find the right kind of switch. I ended up going with Cherry MX Blues and I enjoy how the feel compared to the other types. Once you've determined switch types, start looking over keyboards that have functionality you want. Normally for things like this I go to newegg.com for research as they have a huge selection of parts and the ability to narrow down what you want fairly easily. (I don't necessarily buy from them - I normally go to my local retailer - but for researching options I find the site really useful.) From that, either pick one and order online, or pick a few and check your local retailers.

Also, for reference: Assuming we're talking England, £70 is worth about $110 US.

First, determine which type of switches are best for you. When I was looking to get my keyboard upgraded to mechanical last year, I hit my local computer store and talked to the employee. He let me try out some keyboards so I would be able to find the right kind of switch. I ended up going with Cherry MX Blues and I enjoy how the feel compared to the other types. Once you've determined switch types, start looking over keyboards that have functionality you want. Normally for things like this I go to newegg.com for research as they have a huge selection of parts and the ability to narrow down what you want fairly easily. (I don't necessarily buy from them - I normally go to my local retailer - but for researching options I find the site really useful.) From that, either pick one and order online, or pick a few and check your local retailers.

Also, for reference: Assuming we're talking England, £70 is worth about $110 US.

I think this is a good idea ^^

I havent tried any mechanical keyboards yet, but when I buy one I will probably use this tip as well as it is better to try a keyboard before spending huge amounts of money and not liking it!