High cpu temp running prime 95 blend test.

crafturtoe
Go to solution Solved by xTrekStorex,

prime95 is a synthetic benchmark and is designed to generate the maximum heat ouput of your CPU by calculating primenumbers on all threads available.

So it will get hotter than most games which use the CPU just as a manager for GPU and RAM communication.

There are some games that use a lot of CPU though like StarCraft2 (but only 2 cores) and Dota2.

You are running the stock heatsink right? That thing also isnt designed for 100% load over a longer time..

Hi, i got a new computer with an i3-4160 and gigabyte windforce gtx 750ti..

after doing some stress test on the graphics card, the temp is totally fine! The problem now is, I ran prime95 blend test for about 15minute and my cpu temp are already reaching 91c, but in games like gta v it reached 77c at max...

Is that fine? im using a stock cooler and a medium sized computer case. Its put under my computer table which is covered by wood, but it has about 7cm of space on each side of the case

sorry for my bad english!

thanks and have a good day!

TDP is stated 54watt but reached almost 60watt... 

prime95 is supposed to create the maximum amount of heat

should be ok

prime95 is a synthetic benchmark and is designed to generate the maximum heat ouput of your CPU by calculating primenumbers on all threads available.

So it will get hotter than most games which use the CPU just as a manager for GPU and RAM communication.

There are some games that use a lot of CPU though like StarCraft2 (but only 2 cores) and Dota2.

You are running the stock heatsink right? That thing also isnt designed for 100% load over a longer time..

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

An update, about near 30minutes now I just realized the cpu cranked its fan up and its only about 86 deg max and hovering at 80-86c 

its still running at 3.6ghz and 100% load, im pretty sure it didnt throttle, did the bios cranked the fan speed? 

Yes, im running with stock heat sink.