The Rift

Trimak

well... that turned into an orgy quickly....

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Yeah iphone broke i'm only using my old galaxy s2, will have better pics soon :)

It's that or my 2mp laptop webcam xD

Followed.

God I'm jealous.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

PSU was dead on arrival so I bought a corsair 450W to tide me over.

All functional now, just mixed up the UV green mayhems dye and silver aurora :D

Pics in the morning! Might even make a vid for the mayhems!

Ok ok so I have soft tubing, don't hate I just needed it functional ASAP.

Oooh, box of goodies  :lol:

2ryso7p.jpg

GLKURGHDFZKH  :wacko:  hrrrrrn it's only money....

33cxl3r.jpg

Yay wallet pain forgotten  :wub:

f1y0t0.jpg

It began with the forging of the Great cores. 

Three were given to the elves. Immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings.
Four to the dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls.
And five, five cores were gifted to the race of men. Who above all else, desire power.

For within these cores was bound the strength and will to govern each process. But they were all of them deceived. For another core was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom. The dark Lord Intel forged in secret a master core to control all others and into this core he poured all his voltage, his multiplier and his will to dominate all cores. One CPU to rule them all.

107m360.jpg

One by one, free parts fell to the power of the CPU...

2u7opxs.jpg

But there were some who resisted...

(Wrong PSU power cable)

2mi3rit.jpg

A last alliance of components and screws marched against the armies or Mordor

(PSU Dead on Arrival)

Luckily I ducked out and got a Corsair 450 the next day to keep me going until the XFX gets replaced and building continued...

awfigp.jpg

But the power of the CPU could not be undone...

2u7opxs.jpg

It was in this moment, when all hope had faded that Isildur, son of the King, took up his father’s PSU. But it betrayed Isildur to his death and all of Middle computer fell to the power of the CPU.

6rovo8.jpg

By village and city his power spread across middle earth.

29nups2.jpg

They gathered a great army

2rw0220.jpg

How good is that accidental tube image lineup^

Until all was consumed and their reign was ever lasting

2lmo4uu.jpg

Looks sweeet.. shame about that PSU...

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Yeah, the XFX replacement will be here in a week or so, I mean there is still a lot to go anyway, sleeved cables, fans, UV lights, HDD's, New SSD, more aurora, etc etc etc but at least she's functional now 

1. What coolant is that? It's sexy.

2. What pump/res combo is that?

1. What coolant is that? It's sexy.

2. What pump/res combo is that?

I was gonna ask the same, but it looks like Mayhems Aurora II, and a D5 with whats probably a 250mm EK attached res. I'll let him answer though.

Why the quick disconnects on the CPU? Upgrades?  :)

Also nothing wrong with soft tube, many high end builds still use it, and it still looks awesome!

Edit: I knew he said it already somewhere, as its too green for just being Mayhems aurora green, 

just mixed up the UV green mayhems dye and silver aurora

Yeah spot on:

Pump: EK-D5 Vario X-RES 140(ASSEMBLED)

Reservoir: EK X3 250 tube uprgade (ASSEMBLED)

Also mayhems UV dye and Aurora silver booster. It looks so much cooler in person. I have a video to go on youtube which will show it better when I finish reformatting the desktop i'll upload and post here

Yeah spot on:

Pump: EK-D5 Vario X-RES 140(ASSEMBLED)

Reservoir: EK X3 250 tube uprgade (ASSEMBLED)

Also mayhems UV dye and Aurora silver booster. It looks so much cooler in person. I have a video to go on youtube which will show it better when I finish reformatting the desktop i'll upload and post here

Where'd you order from?

Considering getting a new res and pump, and then Using the block and radiator from my old larkooler kit to make a custom loop. I know my H110 won't hold out forever.

I got all the watercooling stuff at caseking,de because it was cheapest for me as I live in Berlin

but I use https://geizhals.de/ to find my cheapest prices

Ahhh. I'm in the US. Ever since we lost frozencpu I haven't been sure where to show for watercooling stuff.

How is that coolant illuminated btw?

Ahhh. I'm in the US. Ever since we lost frozencpu I haven't been sure where to show for watercooling stuff.

How is that coolant illuminated btw?

You don't know about performance-pcs.com? And Dazmode.com ships to USA, although its a Canadian store, those 2 places seem to always have anything I need.

You don't know about performance-pcs.com? And Dazmode.com ships to USA, although its a Canadian store, those 2 places seem to always have anything I need.

I've never ordered from performance-pc's. Most of their products don't have any reviews, etc. Was just wondering if they were any good.

I've never ordered from performance-pc's. Most of their products don't have any reviews, etc. Was just wondering if they were any good.

Yeah I usually do my own research about products before I buy them so I don't look at reviews.

When I ordered from performace-pcs they got everything right 2/3 times, and the time they got something wrong they were helpful and curtious about replacement.  Personally I didn't like the service I got from frozen-cpu when they filled my order incorrectly and had switched to performance-pcs even before frozen cpu went out of buissness. PPCS ships from florida though, so shipping takes a while.

The coolant isn't illuminated, maybe camera flash a bit. It will have Uv lighting :D

Nothing to contribute on the 'merica front sorry

I've started ordering from them this last year or so and have not had any issues really.  They have been out of stock after me making an order twice now.  once was for a scratch and dent special so they canceled that order :( bummed me out cause it was a good deal but when I recently bought my custom loop they upgraded my tubing because they were short on what I ordered and (not sure if it was an accident) but they upgraded the custom loop kit I based my loop on from a L120 to a L120 (R2.0) which costs 50$ more or so.  I'm not crazy about their shipping prices though, they seem a little high.  Also it does kinda suck having no site based reviews really, I should leave some now for things I've bought there.

edit:  also love the build log Trimak!  nice case choice and that pump/res is top notch!!!  nice coolant color too, I'm running aurora II in blue  :)  subbed in!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Thanks, still coming along.

Working on webcam HDD's and so forth now. Soon nice sleeved cables and lights too. Looking at the C920-C webcam, seems really nice. Wouldn't mind doing a bit of decent quality flogging vlogging xD

Still undecided on heapdhones and so forth, liking the idea of wireless because it's not a huge latency performance based item like a keyboard or mouse. Not sure if I want over ear headphones or in-ear phones... if I get in-ears which would be just good in general for daily driver and gym etc they won't be comfortable for long use. Also if I get in ears I need to think about microphone, I was going to attach to headphones but doesn't work on an in ear xD:(

Not sure about desk mic because of keyboard noise while gaming on my new k95 might... annoy some people xD Also I think desk mic positioning is difficult. I am going to have a 42 inch screen so it can't be on a boom stand which means it needs to be right next to the keyboard :/

Going to build a big HDD raid from used HDD's on Ebay (Just testing some big cheap storage stuff for a big data project of mine) Just bid on 82TB worth of drives xD