Compaq Laptop Refreshing Your PC

My Compaq CQ58 laptop booted perfectly fine yesterday, I got a windows update and installed it *This is not the windows 10 update* rebooted the laptop, and then it came up with the error message: "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer"

NB:The website says this should last up to 30 minutes

I left it overnight to sort itself out, woke up this morning and it's still stuck on that screen, the loading bar is still functional so the computer hadn't frozen.

After doing everything microsoft suggested, I decided to boot my laptop into the startup menu and load the compaq help thing by pressing f11. I chose the 'Refresh your PC' option, and left it running while I continued doing other things. I came back and noticed it was on 88%, left it again, and when I came back maybe 1 hour later, it's still stuck on 88%. Again, the loading bar is still moving, the fans are spinning, keyboard lights are working, but it's not moved.

It's still on 88% and it's been over 2 hours. I don't want to reset the PC while it's deleting files, but there isn't anything on the HDD that could've taken so long to delete.

I can't find any articles online about the 'refresh your PC' service so I decided to come here for help.

screw it. Try it again and again. If it doesn't work by about 15-20 tries. you might have to get a new hard drive.

screw it. Try it again and again. If it doesn't work by about 15-20 tries. you might have to get a new hard drive.

Indeed. Thats the only option I see aswell.

Current PC broken, saving up atm.
Reason for saving up ->

I'm booting it back into system recovery, about to try and refresh system again