DIY molex pin extractor

R4THOUSE

Hey guys, I recently ran into a problem, my molex pin extractor broke  :(

so I called the manufacturer and they said they would send me another but it might take a few weeks.

Well 2 weeks later no extractor, so i decided i put this build on hold for long enough and decided to make my own.

A quick trip to radio shack to get my supplies and they turned out to be very easy to work with.

http://www.radioshac...63&locale=en_US

http://imgur.com/a/nhZ8j#0

first step is to bend the tip back and forth. while doing this be careful not to break the inside. Once the whole piece is able to spin to the right pull the tip off. You should be left with a center piece sticking out. Slam the center piece into a hard surface so it goes flush with the outside. now pull the white center with the silver connector and center piece out. You are almost done all you have to do now is pull the black ring off and attach the screw on cover.

Thanks for viewing. Be sure to post pics of your D.I.Y. pin extractor pins bellow

Matt Key

@SlickKey

Cool idea but 2 weeks for a molex extractor. You can use a pin :P

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I have been using a ball point pen. This is cool.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd