Knowing about speaker..

IzzuddinFX

Hi there, I want to buy a new 2.1 speaker system.. I wonder, what is the mean of RMS (such as 50W RMS) ? How to know the woofer is better? What is tweeter?

How to know the woofer is better? What is tweeter?

Not by looking at the RMS wattage.

A tweeter is a loudpeaker/driver for high(er) frequencies.

A (sub)woofer is a loudspeaker/driver for low(er) frequencies.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

RMS watts is the amount of power the speaker can handle on average. It is the only power rating you should concern yourself with. The only way to know which woofer is better is to actually listen to them and use your ears. The general rule is you get what you pay for to the exception that in audio there is a lot of over inflated prices and snake oil. which means you can be guaranteed of only one thing. If it's cheap it will probably perform cheap.

The tweeter is the speaker that produces the higher frequencies.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

10 watts RMS and above is fine. . . Well I say that it depends what you want to use it for. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Does higher wattage of woofer means its bass is better? I'll be using the speaker for gaming and listening to music. 

Does higher wattage of woofer means its bass is better? I'll be using the speaker for gaming and listening to music. 

Max wattage on the woofer just means it can handle more power being thrown into it, which usually means it can get louder if you have the amp to drive it. If there's an integrated amp, the max RMS is it's peak output (the woofer itself may be able to handle more or only less).

Quality of sound has nothing to do with how much power you can throw into a coil, nor how much power an amp can produce.

So, how can I know the woofer is better? I'm planning to buy Sonic Gear EVO 7 PRO.

So, how can I know the woofer is better? 

by listening to it.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

So, how can I know the woofer is better? I'm planning to buy Sonic Gear EVO 7 PRO.

Or reading reviews - especially comparisons

Or reading reviews - especially comparisons

There is no review for this model because it is not available in america or other european contry, sonic gear is made in singapore.. I think I will go for it and after I'd hear it, I'm satisfied with the sound quality. Thank you for all these help..  :D

There is no review for this model because it is not available in america or other european contry, sonic gear is made in singapore.. I think I will go for it and after I'd hear it, I'm satisfied with the sound quality. Thank you for all these help..   :D

Hey man, enjoy that bass!

your welcome

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Erroneous grammar Nazi comment.

maybe i'm trollin'  :ph34r: 

nah, just F'd up