1300-2000€ PC Build for Recording in 1080p 60FPS and Video Editing

Okay, nice, but can you tell me why you chose exactly that 980 over the others? Just curious.

@kek

It has a custom pcb (meaning that the card is not like nvidia made it, it was redesigned and build by gigabyte), it is a very good overclocker (also allows over voltage for better OC) with moderate power  consumption, and one of the best cooling solution while being silent. Also it offers multiple ways to connect up to 4 monitors with 3 display ports,

1 hdmi 2.0 , 1 DVI-i and 1 DVI-D.

The site has changed....

But it still has Shadow Play and receives updates from Nvidia right?

What do you expect this build's lifespan to be? 5 years? 10 years? less?

Hey. More cores means faster rendering, so defenetly go with i7 5820K. Here is my build so check it out, hope it helps :D I don't preffer AIO water cooling, instead go with custom loop in the future. I also do a lot of rendering and my new beast with 6 cores does the job,

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  (€404.48 @ Home of Hardware DE) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (€223.00) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  (€167.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital Green 6TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€252.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€84.05 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  (€365.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€107.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€105.57 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1771.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-04 20:23 CEST+0200

CPU: i7 5820K Motherboard: MSI x99A SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800mHz (4x4gb) GPU: MSI GeForce  GTX 980Ti Case: NZXT S340 Storage: 840 Evo 120gb and WD Blue 1TB  PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3

GTX 980 Ti (reference card) High Idle temps solution -

Makes sense..having 6 core i7 wouldn't even be that much more expensive than 4 and apparently it's worth it but I'll have to change the motherboard and I kinda miss that feature that let's you adjust how much % your connection is used for games or other things or is that included? Idk if that is even that good but it sounds good, when I'm having a stream open while playing it won't affect my connection more than I want it to right?

I really want to ask again if the difference between a 970 and a 980 are worth 200€ or should I rather save those and if so which 970 should I get? 4G? My feeling tells me that I shouldn't go for the 980 unless the difference is rather big.

Another question: Can I Raid 0 the same kind of storage but with different capacities? Like a Samsung with 500GB and one with 250GB or does it have to be the same amount?

But it still has Shadow Play and receives updates from Nvidia right?

What do you expect this build's lifespan to be? 5 years? 10 years? less?

Yes. It is still a nvidia card, so everything that applies to a nvidia gtx 980 applies also the nvidia gigabyte gtx 980

4+ years, maybe more if you add another gpu in the future.(sli)

The site has changed....

That's what I'm thinking about at the moment.

What do you think?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  (€404.48 @ Home of Hardware DE)

CPU Cooler: ??? 50-100+€? You got me at a loss when 1 of you says watercooling yes and the other one watercooling no.. please explain

Motherboard: ??? 200+€? I want at least 8 USB 3.0. I would really like that Turbo App for better a better connection when gaming, m.2 for better performance. The onboard soundcard doesn't have to be good if it's cheaper because then I'll buy a really good one seperately.

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€148.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  0 € because i already have one

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€110.00 @ Computeruniverse.de) RAID 0

Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€96.98 @ Pixmania DE)

Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€96.98 @ Pixmania DE) RAID 0

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB (€365.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) I'M NOT SURE WHAT KIND OF 970 THOUGH, please help

Case: Cooltek Antiphon ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For €0.00)

Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€124.90 @ Caseking)

Wireless Network Adapter: ??? about 35€

Total: ~€1600-1700

I made some changes.

(I won't pay that much for the graphics card if it's lifespan is only about 4-5 years and I'm pretty sure it isn't necessary either.)

Please help me with the motherboard, cpu cooler and the kind of 970 I should get and explain why please, just posting something will make it hard for me to understand. Please check if everything is compatible as well.

here you go, i will try to explain my latest picks according to your choices

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  (€404.48 @ Home of Hardware DE)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€83.98 @ Pixmania DE)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (€274.92 @ Amazon Deutschland)

One of the best price/performance motherboards (6 usb 3, 2 usb 2 + 2 expansion front headers for 4 more)

Good power phase for overclock and sli/crossfire suport
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€145.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€110.00)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card  (€370.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Factory overclocked, with room for even more. And cool-silent.
Case: Cooltek Antiphon ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For €0.00)
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€124.90 @ Caseking)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card  (€95.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC56 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (€49.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1855.01
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-05 00:39 CEST+0200

Check out @BigDay overclocking guides. They are pretty simple. Also get an opinion

from him for a build like this.

The site has changed....

I doubt that I'm going to make use  o sli/crossfire.

The motherboard looks decent but I can't see those useful features, would you have an alternative? Or could you explain in more detail and compare to other choices?

What does the EVGA 970 do better than the other ones for example MSI 4G?

We're almost done now.

Update: I'll probably go with MSI 4G 970.

So the only thing really left is the cooler and motherboard alternatives and more detailed explanation on what's so much better about them than other things.

Sorry to be so pesky but I'm a perfectionist.

I want to order today so so it would be nice if I'd get help to this rather quickly.

What do you think about this motherboard?

Asus X99-A

https://geizhals.at/asus-x99-a-90mb0k50-m0eay0-a1159296.html

It has the features I like and has enough USB ports.

But can you check if I can use the case's additional 2 USB 3.0s with it? If that's the case and if theres nothing bad about it then I'm pretty much convinced.

I want to order today so so it would be nice if I'd get help to this rather quickly.

What do you think about this motherboard?

Asus X99-A

https://geizhals.at/asus-x99-a-90mb0k50-m0eay0-a1159296.html

It has the features I like and has enough USB ports.

But can you check if I can use the case's additional 2 USB 3.0s with it? If that's the case and if theres nothing bad about it then I'm pretty much convinced.

Yes you can, it has front usb3 headers.

The site has changed....

Okay are there any problems with it otherwise?

If not then I guess I'll take it.

Can you go into the reason why you chose watercooling or specifically that one?

Are there any problems in my build?

Okay are there any problems with it otherwise?

If not then I guess I'll take it.

Can you go into the reason why you chose watercooling or specifically that one?

Are there any problems in my build?

I dont see any flaws. The cpu cooler is solid,  very good performance overall and pretty quite, and it is offered at a good price.

The site has changed....

I have a question: If my Teufel Consono 25 Mk3 my 5.1 Speaker Set is connected to an Onkyo Receiver and the receiver is connected to my PC, will getting a sound card do anything or is the receiver doing everything and a soundcard would be a waste?

It's completed:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  394€ at Mylemon.at
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  75€ at mediamarkt.at
Motherboard: ASUS X99-A 238€ at mylemon.at

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  142€ at mylemon.at
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  105€ at amazon.de

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  [Already have one]
Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  105€ at mediamarkt.at
Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  105€ at mediamarkt.at
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB 369€ at mylemon.at

Case: Cooltek Antiphon ATX Mid Tower Case  [Already have one]
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex 80 Plus Platinum 750 watt 150€ at mylemon.at
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900 WLAN Dual Band PCI-E Adapter 38€ at mylemon.at

additional costs: 5-10€
Total: ~1730€

I'm happy with the result.

Ordering now.