Youtube Offers "Top Fans" Subscription

Giddyguy

Youtube is going to allow video makers to send messages to what they call top fans, which is basically the circle concept from Google+. I know Linus and Lew talked about the lack of interaction in youtube but I don't think this is what they necessarily want. Here is the original article: http://allthingsd.com/20130802/youtube-throws-video-makers-some-bones/

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

i hope i doesnt mess anything up.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

This could be cool :/ but I can see people mass spamming links just to get to the top.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

could be nice...

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

How about they fix some of the issues with youtube before just spamming it with new broken features every 2 seconds?

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Completely agree with the stream from last week. There are way too many things on YouTube that seem intentionally broken. Especially considering that Google is the driving force behind YouTube. I don't have high hopes for the new feature.

I don't see the point of this, but I am kinda interested in it regardless.

i hope i doesnt mess anything up.

Knowing, them it will.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

How about they start with making a frontpage that only shows all the videos that my subsriptions have put out. And in all I mean all. I will make the judgement to watch or not to watch them. If they flood the page with crap I will unsub. Most of my subcriptions are driven through my own search for a topic. I find a video I like and I sub to them. I don't need youtube to keep recomending me things.

arrgg that picture of PewDiePie hurts my eyes! I often wonder how people like that end up popular on youtube, like how does that even work...

I think this model of determining the top fans is flawed. While participation is easy to measure, intent usually isn't. Like it has been stated, people looking only to be the "top fan" of YouTube personalities could easily game the system and spam the metrics measured. Personally as an avid viewer and fan of most of the channels I like I find that I would probably be easily brushed off as no one just because I may not necessarily comment or share as often as others would. Usually this is because I don't have anything meaningful to add, in which case I'd rather not put down something lame like a default "Good video". I also do not want to spam my friends on Facebook with YouTube stuff unless I really do want to share the video with people I know. But because of that I'm not as devoted or big of a fan?