Windows 10 instal on my new pc?

justRICHTOFEN
Go to solution Solved by DarkEnergy,

You can upgrade on pc's that are already activated or use an unused key if you want to clean install.

So I'm currently working on a new gaming pc, and i was wondering if i could download the free windows 10 upgrade on a flash drive and install it on my new pc im building? My old pc has windows 7, but i don't have the product key because my parents bought it from some guy and i guess he didnt give it to them.

You can upgrade on pc's that are already activated or use an unused key if you want to clean install.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

THX for replying, ummm i have another question, Could i buy a second copy of windows 7 and still upgrade, or shold i just buy windows 10?

THX for replying, ummm i have another question, Could i buy a second copy of windows 7 and still upgrade, or shold i just buy windows 10?

I don't know about the pricing as to which would actually be a better deal but yes you can buy a windows 7 key now and upgrade, you can for the next 362 days.  Remember though you need to upgrade to Windows 10 before you do a clean install.  EDIT: According to a Microsoft tech I spoke with you are not able to clean install even after upgrading, although I have done it has it has worked at least once.