Windows 10 Memory issue and BSOD

Toxiic

Hi guys. I've upgraded to Windows 10 and yesterday, I noticed that my memory usage on idle was at 5.0GB (out of 8GB) which seemed incredibly high. No programs were taking up any where near 5GB and I couldn't figure it out. Around 30 mins ago today, I got the BSOD: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I was unable to get a screenshot of the task manager as I didn't think about it at that time.

I had a memory leak before on Windows 8.1 which makes me think that a program like Google Chrome isn't releasing it's memory. But I have no clue how to sort it.

These are the links to the BSOD Report and the Perfmon /Report files. If you need any more information just ask!

System (if necessary):

AsRock 990Fx Killer ATX
FX-6300 @ 3.5GHZ
8GB Vengence LP @ 1600MHZ
GTX 970
CX500M 
H100i
OCZ Vector 150
Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Cheers <3

:)

Might be a corrupted installation, try "refreshing" the Windows 10 install. It's in the settings.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

This was my plan but I was hoping that I didn't have to. I'll give this a shot soon.

(My system just froze and became unresponsive just now... might do the refresh sooner rather than later).

Hi again, sorry for the late response.

I attempted to reset my pc through the Windows 10 settings and after it had finnished, windows was unable to start and i got the error message: Windows did not start correctly.

Because of this I was forced to undo the changes.

I would try to do a clean install but I'm not sure what Product key i would use as I used the free upgrade option.

Cheers.

I never tried a clean install on Windows 10 so I'm not sure of this answer;

but it seems according to what I found online that it will reactivate on it's own if it's connected to your MS account on the same hardware.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

My plan is to format my SSD containing Windows 10 and do a clean install and hope for the best.

I've had too many errors with bloody Windows in the past month, really making me consider changing my OS.

Cheers for the reply!

I seem to have sorted my issue. I believe it was one of the Killer drivers. I'll post a full solution tomorrow but I disabled something in the Registry and manually updated my drivers for my E2200 controller.

You can check your current Windows 10 product key with ProduKey , google it, It's a free program. 
Then you can clean install your windows 10, with an official iso provided by microsoft.

You can check your current Windows 10 product key with ProduKey , google it, It's a free program. 

Then you can clean install your windows 10, with an official iso provided by microsoft.

Ah, I wondered how i'd go about doing that. Thanks!

I figured out the issue, seemed to be a faulty driver. I'll post my fix tomorrow when I wake up.