Corsair website updated for 6th gen intel

bomerr

core 2 quad heatsinks get so hot they are dangerous to touch barehanded, ram def does not get that hot, well at least not my 2400mhz ddr4 stuff. 

DDR4 2400 is only at 1.2V. DDR3 3333 is at 1.65 or 1.75V. DDR4 3000 is 1.35V, and G.Skill just announced 4000MHz kits which will likely come out to 1.5V.

They can reach the same near-100*C that a CPU can if you let them.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I got this in my inbox the other day. What I got from it: "Most of our existing products will work with Skylake... except our RAM. Buy our expensive DDR4 RAM!"

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Just slap in an awesome aeroplane name and you're good to go -Corsair 2015

It would be more appropriate to go with ships. I know they won't be as good a aeroplane names, but hey it's Corsair.

Also Tenryuu best ship.

7PnK5Sm.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

RAM can make enough heat at high clocks. It can be as hot as the northbridge chipsets got on Core 2 Quad platforms. And again no. The aluminum would draw it away onto a larger surface for better dissipation. You're flat wrong. The only way you'll have enough airflow on bare sticks at those high clocks is if you have a dedicated fan on them. Most people don't. Most only have fans at the front and back, not even at the bottom and top of the case. You're nuts.

Dominator platinums have internal heatpipes which attach to the fins you see if you look at them sideways. Air flows through those fins, not between the dimms.

I'm sorry but the science does not agree with you. Thermal imaging wholly disagrees with you. Here's the thing with me. I don't have an ego. I actually don't. I just don't tolerate bullshit from loudmouth, ignorant time wasters like you who actually get in the way of everyone else who has an actual clue. I don't speak unless I know exactly what I'm talking about and have the facts to back me up. That's what professionalism is. Go home kid.

Internal heatpipes? What the hell are you talking about?

640x427px-LL-4420674b_10864502055_9d35c0

Where do you see heatpipes? You want to believe that heat spreaders actually do something, then fine be my guest. I'm CLEARLY out of my damn mind and only YOU the 'ego-less' protagonist, backed up by your non-present facts and blind sense of justice could possibly be right. If you need me, I'll be sitting in the corner with my ignorant self, wasting time with my maniacal intents. "Yet again my plans have been foiled, darn you Professional-Man!!!"

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

640x427px-LL-4420674b_10864502055_9d35c0

Where do you see heatpipes? You want to believe that heat spreaders actually do something, then fine be my guest. I'm CLEARLY out of my damn mind and only YOU the 'ego-less' protagonist, backed up by your non-present facts and blind sense of justice could possibly be right. If you need me, I'll be sitting in the corner with my ignorant self, wasting time with my maniacal intents. "Yet again my plans have been foiled, darn you Professional-Man!!!"

Ocz got some heatpiped ram : reaper3.jpg

It would be more appropriate to go with ships. I know they won't be as good a aeroplane names, but hey it's Corsair.

Also Tenryuu best ship.

7PnK5Sm.jpg

chancevought-f4u-corsair.jpg

Corsair are also planes, don't be discriminatory against those magnificent warbirds

Go look at the highest end models. Dominator Platinums for 2400MHz don't need them. DDR4 especially doesn't need them.

You also have yet to provide any proof the heatspreaders do nothing.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Ocz got some heatpiped ram :

Lol, my dad's old build was OCZ Reaper. Heavy ass DIMMs.

Go look at the highest end models. Dominator Platinums for 2400MHz don't need them. DDR4 especially doesn't need them.

You also have yet to provide any proof the heatspreaders do nothing.

You got any proof they do anything?

spoliers are broken go to my page ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You got any proof they do anything?

Thermal imaging done by the same people Linus often quotes or borrows tech from. It's been a long time, but I know it's out there, probably on overclock.net or overclockers.uk most likely.

Thermal imaging done by the same people Linus often quotes or borrows tech from. It's been a long time, but I know it's out there, probably on overclock.net or overclockers.uk most likely.

links or it didn't happen??

spoliers are broken go to my page ¯\_(ツ)_/¯