Anyone else experience NVIDIA driver crashes in Windows 10?

WolfDeville

This has been happening so much, I am seriously considering going back to W8.1. I have 353.62 drivers. MSI is reporting 5300MB of VRAM being used on each card even though my cards only have 4GB.

Anyone have a fix?

This has been happening so much, I am seriously considering going back to W8.1. I have 353.62 drivers. MSI is reporting 5300MB of VRAM being used on each card even though my cards only have 4GB.

Anyone have a fix?

I returned to 8.1 due to driver failures

Use ddu to nuke it the try again, i was stable but, haven't tested it nearly enough. Didn't check out afterburner yet or really anything.

Anyone have a fix?

not just me with this problem then, in ark it says im using 5.5gb of vram on my 970 :S

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Constantly, I have gone back to 8.1. Tried the beta and had the same issues, nukes NVDA drivers from orbit every time I unstalled, same issues!

Had less issues setting up a hackintosh :L

Windows 10 is running rock solid for me, tested like 10 different games in the last 2 days. I immediately ran DDU though after upgrading and installed the Nvidia drivers myself.

left right and center.

I know I adopted launch day (and should full well expect there to be problems), but thus far, Windows 10 has been nothing but trying to fix things that have stopped working, in many ways quite literally.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I had the same problem and so did one of my friends we managed to fix ours though.

My solution (this might not work for you but worth a shot)

Before doing this I first tried to update my drivers through Geforce then went on to this.

1. Right click on the windows icon and go to "Device manager"
  2. Expand "Display adapters"
  3. Right click on your GPU and select "Update driver software"
  4. It will either update your drivers or say that they are up to date and you are prompted to restart
  5. Restart

I'm not a wizard so use this if you want cant guarantee it will work, hope it works :)

EDIT: this will most likely not update your drivers to the latest (did for me but not for friend) but will stop the crashing and get the drivers working