The Overkiller $6500 Pc

Desertman

Its a guy and he said he would want something to last now and in the future

Last in the future in the tech world is a pretty broad statement

There already plans for newer architectures 

Years from now even a $6500 system will not last because it isn't supported by new software like DirectX 12 or even higher in the future

A PC will only last for so long, you can't make it 100% future proof. After 2-3 generations of CPU's it will be out of date, after 2 Gens of GPU's it'll be out of date.

Technology keeps making breakthroughs and CPU's come out every year or two. Its impossible to keep up with the time. One PC will not last forever.

Yeah I know that and that parts now my problem

Last in the future in the tech world is a pretty broad statement

There already plans for newer architectures 

Years from now even a $6500 system will not last because it isn't supported by new software like DirectX 12 or even higher in the future

Not my problem

He can build a 2k$ pc and it will last 3-4 years, maybe more if he decides to lower the settings on some games.

Not my problem im just a pc builder

He can build a 2k$ pc and it will last 3-4 years, maybe more if he decides to lower the settings on some games.

My cousin has a 2 year old $750 system that still makes him happy so I approve of this statement

You don't need to spend a ton of money to enjoy games

A true pc builder will tell the customer when he needs to spend more money and when a lot of money is just retarded.

A high end PC that will last quite a bit is at the 2k range.

Everything above that means nothing in terms of performance.

TL;DR: 2000$ pc = 6500$ pc.

So in other words you don't care whether your friend get what he wants and needs

You don't care whether he'll actually spend money on something that's worth it

And anyone is a PC builder, you can't say that you're the only one out there 

And based on your OP you're build is based on no actual evidence showing that it's overkill or the best

If you were a true "PC builder" you would help people get the best for the money

If you were a true friend, you wouldnt let him blow money on stupid things that he wont use anyway....

And keep in mind, even this is way over the top.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($559.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($309.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($487.22 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($102.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($337.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($202.79 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($679.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($679.99 @ B&H)
Case: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition ATX Full Tower Case  ($175.08 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($307.48 @ Amazon)
Total: $3843.40
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-01 04:21 EDT-0400

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Yeah I know that and that parts now my problem

If you could please use the multi-quote option on the forum that would help a lot!

And technically it is your problem for some of these things in the future he/she will be like

"what the hell man you told me this would last for years, I wasted 6.5 grand on this thanks a lot" you need to make sure he/she knows that you can't keep up with technology, Extreme Edition processors typically come out every 1.5-2.5 years, Not as often, keeping them up to date, you can't run extreme editions out of date easily they keep up with the times a lot.

If you were a true friend, you wouldnt let him blow money on stupid things that he wont use anyway....

And keep in mind, even this is way over the top.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($559.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($309.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($487.22 @ Amazon)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($102.89 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($337.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($202.79 @ OutletPC)

Case: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition ATX Full Tower Case  ($175.08 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($307.48 @ Amazon)

Total: $3843.40

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-01 04:21 EDT-0400

The 5930k makes no sense, its the same as the 5820k but with more PCI-lanes. I'd change that since there is no need for more PCI lanes.

The PSU is also overkill, an 850w one would do the trick. Also overpriced RAM and kinda pricy motherboard, if you tone these down the price comes waaaaaaaay down.

The 5930k makes no sense, its the same as the 5820k but with more PCI-lanes. I'd change that since there is no need for more PCI lanes.

The PSU is also overkill, an 850w one would do the trick. Also overpriced RAM and kinda pricy motherboard, if you tone these down the price comes waaaaaaaay down.

Remember, this is a "overkill" build the 200 USD price difference wont matter dude, he's the one blowing money *shrugs* the higher speed helps a bit too.

The OP literally wants this kind of build

I don't think he cares much about what his friend will get

Although I do have agree that it isn't worth it

Remember, this is a "overkill" build the 200 USD price difference wont matter dude, he's the one blowing money *shrugs* the higher speed helps a bit too.

The x99 platform is MADE for overclocking, the one who goes that route and is not overclocking may aswell go to h97.

bad choice

Try to read the rest of the post, you'll be quite entertained by all the "good" choices

Notice I also said that even my suggestion is overkill, but the parts are top of the line, you are right on the 5930k tho, and I feel 850W is kinda low in terms of headroom, youd be overclocking and also have other things like the pump and other stuff from custom loop running as well which would be pushing it really damn close or over 850W.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

So in other words you don't care whether your friend get what he wants and needs

You don't care whether he'll actually spend money on something that's worth it

And anyone is a PC builder, you can't say that you're the only one out there 

And based on your OP you're build is based on no actual evidence showing that it's overkill or the best

If you were a true "PC builder" you would help people get the best for the money

Not my problem M8

Not my problem M8

It's your friend's problem mate

Your use of "M8" is showing how much you care about him

I'm not even sure whether this friend exists

mlv2fXm.gif

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

The x99 platform is MADE for overclocking, the one who goes that route and is not overclocking may aswell go to h97.

you used two different platforms, x99 and h97, I believe you mean Z97 instead of X99, (X99) which was actually made for enthusiasts and workstation grade components you know that right? 

Lol truuuuu

This threads bout to turn into a "Roast the OP" thread rather than a thread about a PC and I aint even mad

200_s.gif

you used two different platforms, x99 and h97, I believe you mean Z97 instead of X99, (X99) which was actually made for enthusiasts and workstation grade components you know that right? 

h97 is used for locked proccesors, it's the one you mostly go to when you have a locked one since z97 has overclocking features you won't be using.

As I said, you Owe yourself if you are going x99 to overclock since they were made for that(enthusiast grade) and if someone wanted 100% workstation grade components he could get one of the Xeon chips that are on the LGA 2011-3 socket.

If someone that goes that route (x99) and decides to not overclock unless he is not doing workstation stuff he may aswell go for an h97 platform, that's what I said.

Don't like them? heres a brilliant idea! Don't, Read, The, Post's

Well! If you are gonna be like that!

Go With Noctua!

Go With ASUStek!

Go With The 5820k!

AND DON'T BE A SMART-ASS! (Oh Wait...)