Did my Windows 10 Activate?

Karizma

So in short my pc stopped working after I downloaded win10 fine and used the reset option.  However before I downloaded win10 I had the %Windows~ .BT file which from what I understood was Windows 10 already downloaded and just waiting for the 29th to hit (This was like a hour away from hitting midnight on the 28th).  I read people were getting the download to start by deleting everything in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download, which I did and it started the download.

Now my question is as I'm getting ready to put a iso on a usb and reinstall should I just reinstall Win7, as did I force my windows 10 download without actually being upgraded yet? I received a email today saing my upgrade for windows 10 is coming soon.

I thought it upgraded as soon as I downloaded windows 10, but I've seen some people say Microsoft automatically upgrades when you see the go to download.

And as a side thing does anyone know where I can get a win7 iso? The microsoft software recovery won't even load and I heard it doesnt support oem keys.