Windows 10 Not Filling Entire Laptop Display

Russell450

Hey guys,

My HP Elitebook 2740p just upgraded to Windows 10 and now there are black borders around the display and it will not fill it entirely. It is a small border but it is still not filled. I have tried adjusting the resolution. None of them will change the border, it just stays the same. I have tried uninstalling the Intel HD Graphics Driver, but I restarted it and it reinstalled itself back (and the screen turned black too). So, I don't know what to do now, so obviously the only thing to do (and the only place to go) is here.

Edit: Also, with Windows 10 Technical Preview, it did the same thing. But, I dual booted Windows 10 Tech. Preview with Windows 7 and Windows 7 did not do this. I do not have Windows 10 Tech. Preview, I removed it from dual boot, went back to Windows 7 only and then upgraded to Windows 10.

Is there a dedicated GPU in your laptop? If so, you need to get into the configuration (Catalyst Control Center for AMD, not sure which for NVidia) and adjust the scaling.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Is there a dedicated GPU in your laptop? If so, you need to get into the configuration (Catalyst Control Center for AMD, not sure which for NVidia) and adjust the scaling.

Nope, I have only an integrated (Intel HD Graphics) GPU.