Should I Re-install Windows 7 on 2 machines?

Go to solution Solved by MdX MaxX,

Sure, do it.

I put my old SSD in my laptop and it's nice and snappy now, even though it's only got a Core i3.  Definitely worth it.

Hey guys.

I want to get your opinions on something I am thinking about doing. I recently acquired an OCZ 120GB SSD. My secondary desktop (core 2 duo) has an older 80GB intel SSD in it. My i5 hp laptop has a 250GB mechanical drive in it. Do you think it would be worth it to re install windows 7 on the OCZ and my secondary desktop and then take the 80 GB Intel and re install windows 7 on my laptop. I don't use my laptop very rigorously and think it would give it ultra book like performance that would be nice for what I do with it. Take it to class, do hw, surf the web and what not.

It seems like a bit of work so I haven't done it yet.

Give me your thoughts and ask questions if there is something you want to know.

Thanks,

Steven

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

Here is what I think.

Install ssd on the system/laptop that you use the most. 

You are going to install OCZ ssd onto your desktop. I assume it is your main desktop and you will use it the most.

How much do you use your second system? Maybe you wife.syster/family uses it often then I would install ssd there.

If your second desktop isn't used much then I would recommend to use 80gb ssd with laptop.

I too have older 80GB intel ssd in my 300$ laptop. It makes a lot of difference and makes 300$ laptop feel like its $1000 desktop system.

So to sum it up. Use your second ssd with the system/laptop that you use the most.

Sure, do it.

I put my old SSD in my laptop and it's nice and snappy now, even though it's only got a Core i3.  Definitely worth it.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro