new amd driver issue

trevorsom13

i5 3570k @4.6 ghz | Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO | Asus DCUll 780ti @1200/1400 | 1 TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair HX 750 80+ gold | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Blu | Cooler Master haf 912 windowed edition |  2 x crappy  4:3 monitors (1024x1280) | ASUS VG248QE 1080p 144hz monitor|

#KILLEDMYWIFE  #POOKLO

i was noticing that the gpus are running different bios, is that a problem?

Not likely. Unless AMD video cards are different. I ran two 560 Ti's in SLI with different BIOSes and they ran just fine with the latest drivers.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Anyway you disabled 2d clock speeds on one card?I have no idea how you could do this but i thought i would ask..Like i said a guy on FB on the AMD page made a comment that his cards did same thing since update..Its gotta be a glitch somewhere on driver side..

Anyway you disabled 2d clock speeds on one card?I have no idea how you could do this but i thought i would ask..Like i said a guy on FB on the AMD page made a comment that his cards did same thing since update..Its gotta be a glitch somewhere on driver side..

No, that's the thing, it did that by itself!

i5 3570k @4.6 ghz | Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO | Asus DCUll 780ti @1200/1400 | 1 TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair HX 750 80+ gold | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Blu | Cooler Master haf 912 windowed edition |  2 x crappy  4:3 monitors (1024x1280) | ASUS VG248QE 1080p 144hz monitor|

#KILLEDMYWIFE  #POOKLO

I had the same issue. 2 7950s and the second GPU would peg at 100% in anything that used it. Disabling and reenabling crossfire, or reinstalling the driver would make it stop, but as soon as I alt tabbed from Skyrim it would start happening again. Rolling back to any other driver fixes it.

I had the same issue. 2 7950s and the second GPU would peg at 100% in anything that used it. Disabling and reenabling crossfire, or reinstalling the driver would make it stop, but as soon as I alt tabbed from Skyrim it would start happening again. Rolling back to any other driver fixes it.

were you running eyefinity? do you have multiple monitors?

#KILLEDMYWIFE  #POOKLO

were you running eyefinity? do you have multiple monitors?

Single monitor, 2560x1440, 120 Hz.

Single monitor, 2560x1440, 120 Hz.

have you tried 60 hz?

#KILLEDMYWIFE  #POOKLO

have you tried 60 hz?

No, I didn't spend a lot of time troubleshooting things. I'm playing a DX9 game at the moment, so the beta driver is useless to me for now.

No, I didn't spend a lot of time troubleshooting things. I'm playing a DX9 game at the moment, so the beta driver is useless to me for now.

ah, ok.

#KILLEDMYWIFE  #POOKLO

After updating to 13.8 I now do not have any control in AMD Catalyst Control Center.  I have no options for controlling the video clocks and no fan options it looks like the CCC like on a laptop, just no options now.  Any ideas?

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

I think 13.8b is safe to label unstable and unfinished. They have released it to improve Xfire performance dramatically, but have rushed it to let people benefit from their improvements. If you're having issues, it's to be expected on a beta driver, so submit a bug report and either live with the issue until they fix it or roll back to the latest stable release. I've seen a few posts with people having issues with 13.8b, so you're not alone.

HTTP/2 203

• 4 weeks later...

This problem still exists in the new 13.10 beta, in case anyone else had their hopes up.

have you tried 60 hz?

I reproduced the issue at both 60 and 120 Hz this time around.

This probably still exists in the new 13.10 beta, in case anyone else had their hopes up.

I reproduced the issue at both 60 and 120 Hz this time around.

Normally I condone bumping topics that are over a month old, but since you're contributing to an ongoing issue I think we can let it slide. ;)

I installed them just now and started folding, will report any anomalies that come along. I ran the Unigine Heaven benchmark and thought it was a bit slow than usual, but I couldn't really tell.

GW2: Vettexl.9726