External GPU

hey guys i'm planning to build a External GPU box kind of thing and i have no idea and i can't seem to find any good guides on the internet can anyone like send me a link to any site i have an ACER ultrabook

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Does it have thunderbolt?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

hey guys i'm planning to build a External GPU box kind of thing and i have no idea and i can't seem to find any good guides on the internet can anyone like send me a link to any site i have an ACER ultrabook

Imo not a good idea at all.

Bandwidth will be pretty poopy, and you won't be able to see any benefits from it without an external monitor.

And even then I'd guess your ultrabook's CPU would end up being a bottleneck :/

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Does it have thunderbolt?

no thunderbolt connection planning to open up the laptop and connect it directly to the PCI-E connector 

Imo not a good idea at all.

Bandwidth will be pretty poopy, and you won't be able to see any benefits from it without an external monitor.

And even then I'd guess your ultrabook's CPU would end up being a bottleneck :/

well im gonna connect it to the PCI-E connector inside the laptop and i a core i5 4200 should probably handle a r9 270x or a 960

well im gonna connect it to the PCI-E connector inside the laptop and i a core i5 4200 should probably handle a r9 270x or a 960

Mini-PCIe*

Even then, I doubt it will perform all that great, but if you wanna go for it, then maybe this?

http://www.banggood.com/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-Mini-PCI-E-Set-p-934367.html

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W