Windows Home Server Hidding in the network

Bsantos

I am going to build a windows homeserver 2011 for my self I would like to know if i could set up my windows homeserver to only appear in certain computers for example when you go and check the computers on your network i wanted to make it as so it woldent display even if its locked i wanted them not to see it and only allow my desktop and my laptop to see them is their a way to hide it .

Thanks

Why?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you disable network discovery, this means that you also have to disable file and folder sharing.

The best you could do is disable all public folders in WHS and just password protect them or limit them to certain user accounts.

What is you goal here? hide the data from other pc's, or hide the Server from other PC's so you parents don't know you running a server 24/7?

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<