I don't get it

don_svetlio
Go to solution Solved by Caeradwyn,

Other than perhaps the ShadowPlay recording, I don't see any usefulness of software suites like that. It's like the dumb AMD Gaming Evolved thing.

Download drivers... Install, done. 100% of the time, the average gamer will be able to better adjust game settings to their own preference compared to using an automated app for it.

Sometimes (possibly most of the time) the choices made by Nvidia or AMD won't correspond with what your own preferences are.

What does "GeForce experience" mean? I see it thrown around a lot and I have no idea what it means.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Nvidia's game "optimizer" software, basically sets games settings for you instead 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Nvidia's game "optimizer" software, basically sets games settings for you instead 

So basically the software that puts everything on max when you click "Giff optimize"? Why is that something important when shopping for a GPU? defaq people ._.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

It a bit more than that. 

It's a sort of software suite that includes a game optimiser, ShadowPlay recording, driver updates and other Nvidia specific features. 

So basically the software that puts everything on max when you click "Giff optimize"? Why is that something important when shopping for a GPU? defaq people ._.

it doesnt "max" out everything, it sets settings according to your system.

It a bit more than that. 

It's a sort of software suite that includes a game optimiser, ShadowPlay recording, driver updates and other Nvidia specific features. 

you are correct I dont have much experience with it so I was not able to recall them.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It has other features too but it is just extra software which Nvidia has witch is pretty damn cool. Don't just get an nvidia card because of it though.

it doesnt "max" out everything, it sets settings according to your system.

you are correct I dont have much experience with it so I was not able to recall them.

It a bit more than that. 

So basically the same as "AMD gaming evolved"?

So basically the same as "AMD gaming evolved"?

In a sense, yes. To be honest, it's not something a lot of people use often. I only use it for checking for driver updates and using ShadowPlay. 

Other than perhaps the ShadowPlay recording, I don't see any usefulness of software suites like that. It's like the dumb AMD Gaming Evolved thing.

Download drivers... Install, done. 100% of the time, the average gamer will be able to better adjust game settings to their own preference compared to using an automated app for it.

Sometimes (possibly most of the time) the choices made by Nvidia or AMD won't correspond with what your own preferences are.

In a sense, yes. To be honest, it's not something a lot of people use often. I only use it for checking for driver updates and using ShadowPlay. 

Just not as bad as AMD Gaming Evolved. :P

Raptr isn't bad per say. It's not the most intelligent piece of software but I don't really use it at all so it just sits there collecting dust.

Idk, I recently have been hearing "Geforce experience that, Geforce experience this", "But i want Geforce experience, I no want 380 for cheaper, I lose G-poin. .. ops, wrong G :D

And its utter shit

Don't take this the wrong way mate but if you think it's bad then it's likely abysmal :D

(no offense, joking)

When I installed AMD Gaming Evolved (Raptr) it wanted to optimise my games and I foolishly agreed because GeForce Experience was doing a fine job in finding good settings. I tried running AC Unity after that and the "perfect" setings gave me like 15 fps, because Raptr cranked everything to max with 8xMSAA. :D I think it also suggests running Hairworks for Witcher 3 even on weak hardware. GVR is good, but the rest is utter garbage.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

When I installed AMD Gaming Evolved (Raptr) it wanted to optimise my games and I foolishly agreed because GeForce Experience was doing a fine job in finding good settings. I tried running AC Unity after that and the "perfect" setings gave me like 15 fps, because Raptr cranked everything to max with 8xMSAA. :D I think it also suggests running Hairworks for Witcher 3 even on weak hardware. GVR is good, but the rest is utter garbage.

I know that feeling :D

"Why am I getting 20 fps when I was getting 50 before?"

Yeah, I still love Raptr. Reminds me of internet explorer in a way.

Don't use GeForce Experience to optimize your games. Do it yourself. That's what's great about PC gaming is being able to set your own settings and not some program to "optimize" it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I guess that both AMD and Nvidia have noticed that there are a lot of people who ask on forums about how to get better fps in this or that game, or how to make it look better without losing performance and such, and figured they'd simplify things for people. The problem is, we are all different, and prefer different things. Sometimes it's hard to understand exactly how each graphical setting in a game will affect how it looks and performs. I tried AMD's Gaming Evolved app to optimize a few games, and found that I felt it made the both perform AND look worse than my own personal settings. Some people feel that AA is absolutely essential, while others only see that as a last luxury when they've got excessive performanec anyway. Some don't feel that added particle effects add much to the game compared to sharper texture filtering.

My suggestion is to set everything to the lowest settings you can get, and turn one detail slider up to the max and see how it affects the game. Then turn it back down again, and do the next one... A single effect at the time. That way you'll be able to see visually what each of them do. It also good to then crank everything to the max, and do the opposite: turn one at a time down to the minimum. You'll then also get an idea how they interact. This can take some time the first time you do it, but after you've done that, then you'll have a general idea of what settings in every game will do, as most games share some of the same naming for different things.

If you've done this, you'll generally always be able to get better results, that you will feel both look better, and plays better than what Gaming Evolved and GeForce Experience will give you.

One question... Does the geforce experience let you redeem games for free?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I can saythat I like the optimizations of geforce exp. For me at least they work pretty well as a starting point. I rarely need to switch anything around. Only exception is Rome 2 which for some reason tells me to use low settings and I have a smoothgaming experience with everything maxed out.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.