windows 10?

onemanarmy720
Go to solution Solved by lazypc,

Zefues had the right idea but the link is a little broken, this one should work:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Just download the tool and run it, you can use it on the computer you want to upgrade and it will guide you through the process, some steps will go slowly though depending on hard drive speed and internet speed, so if the circle is still swirling I would let it swirl.

im still waiting for windows 10 notify me when it is ready to install... is this normal?

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

im still waiting for windows 10 notify me when it is ready to install... is this normal?

not everyone will get an upgrade (immediately) however you should confirm that you did the requirements needed such as reserving it and then checking your e-mail

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Zefues had the right idea but the link is a little broken, this one should work:

Just download the tool and run it, you can use it on the computer you want to upgrade and it will guide you through the process, some steps will go slowly though depending on hard drive speed and internet speed, so if the circle is still swirling I would let it swirl.

I might just be back after the last few years because Spez is an idiot and I'm making a point to start staying away from Reddit.

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

I guess I should have made a note that you can do that even if you have not received your upgrade notification yet, I did that to my laptop this morning, upgraded, and have been using it all day. It's activated and everything seems fine.... besides how long it took me to find the calculator and place it somewhere handy

I might just be back after the last few years because Spez is an idiot and I'm making a point to start staying away from Reddit.

Mine didn't notify me either, I just used this.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

YES BUT MY PRODUCT KEY DOESNT WORK :(((

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

Heyyo,

Huh? Does this also give you your Windows 10 Product key? I thought the only way to get the free product key is upgrading via the system tray windows 10 upgrade program?

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

I think I will just wait for Windows 10. I'm not in a hurry, but thanks for the link just in case I need it!

YES BUT MY PRODUCT KEY DOESNT WORK :(((

I haven't done it myself yet, but my expectation is that you need to take the upgrade first. Then your product key may be valid for a Windows 10 clean install.

If you haven't gotten it yet, don't worry. The first people to get the upgrade are Windows Insiders. Next will be people who reserved, probably those who reserved first. If you didn't reserve, you may be waiting several days to a week. This is a free upgrade for 85–90% of the entire Windows installed user base, it's necessary stagger out the updates to divide the load on their infrastructure. It could take a couple of days for yours to appear.

Remember how bad SimCity and Diablo 3 were on launch day? Imagine if they had been free for every Windows user.

i have windows 10 now! thanks everyone :)

if I download windows 10 will it end my support for windows 7 making it usable.

If you force install Windows 10, be prepared for driver related issues.

Microsoft is blocking the update for those who has hardware that has issues with their drivers under Windows 10.

The "Get Windows 10" app tell you about this, if that is the case. Else it will tell you it is being released in waves in which case, you can wait, or force the update.

Microsoft is blocking the update for those who has hardware that has issues with their drivers under Windows 10.

The "Get Windows 10" app tell you about this, if that is the case. Else it will tell you it is being released in waves in which case, you can wait, or force the update.

you are correct.. my 960 drivers arent working xD

The "Get Windows 10" app tell you about this, if that is the case. Else it will tell you it is being released in waves in which case, you can wait, or force the update.i fixed it.. i restarted my PC and it works n

i restarted my PC and now it works!