USPS tracking number not working.

werto165

Well I have some parts for a quadcopter coming from the US and I can't seem to get the tracking to work, keep in mind that the email just came through, I guess I'm just being impatient? Are USPS good or bad? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Well I have some parts for a quadcopter coming from the US and I can't seem to get the tracking to work, keep in mind that the email just came through, I guess I'm just being impatient? Are USPS good or bad? 

Sometimes it can take a while after they send you the number for it to be entered into their system. It's also possible that they printed out the label and gave you the tracking number but the item hasn't been shipped yet so it hasn't been scanned into the system.

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

If the email just came in give it some time. It should work later.

sometimes they are just slow adding it to their system or something.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

first off yes the united states postal service is fine but they are usually slower and a little less fast with check in compared to UPS.

give it time and wait the business days allocated if not received by then. you should persue the tracking and location of your shipment more closely.

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

USPS tracking is very inaccurate and they seem not to scan the package for a while. Although your package has a tracking number, that does not mean it has been scanned yet, it only means a label was created. Your package also could have only been scheduled for pickup by the seller and not even been handed down to USPS yet (very highly likely) I would just wait a day or so and if USPS Tracking is not updated yet, then I would contact the seller (don't even try calling USPS because the automated service is HORRIBLE.) 

they handle just under a billion pieces of mail a day, (200 billion a year) and the vast majority of mail also goes between them and UPS, packages are rarely only carried by one company. look up USPS biggest customer, you will be surprised.  more then likely it has not been picked up and processed by USPS yet. 

USPS tracking is very inaccurate and they seem not to scan the package for a while. Although your package has a tracking number, that does not mean it has been scanned yet, it only means a label was created. Your package also could have only been scheduled for pickup by the seller and not even been handed down to USPS yet (very highly likely) I would just wait a day or so and if USPS Tracking is not updated yet, then I would contact the seller (don't even try calling USPS because the automated service is HORRIBLE.) 

like stated, almost a billion packages a day. by aprox half a million employees. if a single one misses a scan you may not see the package put in the system in time. At Least at my dads office, they missed 3 scans in the last month. Employees scan packages almost every single time its handled. times that by the sheer amount of packages, and yeah, mistakes can happen. 

It bothers me when people say UPS sucks, go USPS, or vice versa when it comes to handling packages. because more then likely for packages both may handle it. it would be illogical for UPS to open and have deliveries on every street in america when they can pay usps pennies to deliver packages to rural areas. 

like stated, almost a billion packages a day. by aprox half a million employees. if a single one misses a scan you may not see the package put in the system in time. At Least at my dads office, they missed 3 scans in the last month. Employees scan packages almost every single time its handled. times that by the sheer amount of packages, and yeah, mistakes can happen. 

It bothers me when people say UPS sucks, go USPS, or vice versa when it comes to handling packages. because more then likely for packages both may handle it. it would be illogical for UPS to open and have deliveries on every street in america when they can pay usps pennies to deliver packages to rural areas. 

I was just speaking from experience. I do understand that mistakes can happen and I did not include that in my post either. It is just that USPS seems to not make the mistakes as often as UPS. I do understand, though, that out of a billion packages, they can make a mistake, and I would expect that.

I was just speaking from experience. I do understand that mistakes can happen and I did not include that in my post either. It is just that USPS seems to not make the mistakes as often as UPS. I do understand, though, that out of a billion packages, they can make a mistake, and I would expect that.

Oh never said you where wrong. But my dad, step mom, and 2 sisters+1 brother work for the post office , and a 3rd use to. All I hear about 24/7 Is mail lol.

Also seen offices with perfect track records for scanning, and offices with like a 80% scanning rate

Oh never said you where wrong. But my dad, step mom, and 2 sisters+1 brother work for the post office , and a 3rd use to. All I hear about 24/7 Is mail lol.

Also seen offices with perfect track records for scanning, and offices with like a 80% scanning rate

Yeah, that would be crazy lol. I do like my post office because they always deliver the packages the day they come, as long as they come that morning. If they come that day/afternoon/evening, it comes the next day. I haven't had a problem like some people with post offices delivering mail a week late or anything. And, I have never had missing packages. Seems pretty reliable. The only problem I have ever had with USPS was their tracking. Even that isn't a big deal.

but the package always gets there

LOL

USPS is by far the least reliable way to ship anything