Gsync on or off in games like csgo ?

keycolony
Go to solution Solved by ZetZet,

Any kind of sync adds input lag. So OFF. But you want 200+ fps at all times.

I bought myself a new monitor its the ACER Predator XB 270 HA it has gsync 144hz and all the good stuff, my question is now should i play with gsync enabled in games like csgo or does it affect the response time ?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

retoast

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

gsync/freesync dont add lag...

before they reach the monitors max refresh they have exactly the same lag as vsyncOFF, and if they cap the hz, then they have the exact same lag as vsyncON

for games that cap out the HZ often, you should use a global fps cap just below the max

gsync/freesync dont add lag...

before they reach the monitors max refresh they have exactly the same lag as vsyncOFF, and if they cap the hz, then they have the exact same lag as vsyncON

for games that cap out the HZ often, you should use a global fps cap just below the max

http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/preview2/ they do

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Did you look at the test yourself tho?

Doesnt seem like you did. Cuz gsync on with fps cap of 120 on a 144hz monitor has exactly the same lag as vsyncOFF.

just like i said... already

Did you look at the test yourself tho?

Doesnt seem like you did. Cuz gsync on with fps cap of 120 on a 144hz monitor has exactly the same lag as vsyncOFF.

just like i said... already

play cs at 120 fps and it will make you slice your wrists. you need those high numbers.

Spoiler

Hi guys. I'm 3 days looking for new monitor and wanted to buy PG878Q ROG, but got scared, because lots of people telling about some bugs with cables and so on, now i found this post as i mostly play cs:go and dota2, that g-sync is not very good option :) i was searching mostly for g-sync monitor but now i'm confused, what can you recommend for me :)