Problem with GTX 780 ACX Superclocked

ThompsoWn

Hey, I just got an EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC for an upgrade from a 6950 CFX.

I did some test with a friend that has a 770 and ingame he got more frames then me.

My setup: i7 2600K 3.4Ghz / 8GB 1333 RAM / GTX 780 / z68x-ud3h-b3 pci-e 2.0 

My Friend's Setup: I7 3770K / EVGA GTX 770 SC / 16GB 1600Mhz RAM / Z77 Extreme4.

we went to the same place ingame with the same resolution and settings and he got 100 fps while I was getting 70-80, but then we tested Furmark at 720p and I got around 80 while he was getting 53. is that legit ? why do I get lower frames than him ? I have the newest beta drivers like him also.

*Drivers is probebly not the problem here, beacuse I have changed my drivers 3 times already.

yes, to 4.4ghz.

you think that my CPU is bottlenecking?

Well. Why don't YOU overclock your cpu and gou even more. He probably has all his stuff overclocked through the roof. Or maybe that part pf the games isn't always the exact same.

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

Well. Why don't YOU overclock your cpu and gou even more. He probably has all his stuff overclocked through the roof. Or maybe that part pf the games isn't always the exact same.

so you think OC will give me 30 fps more? I also had better FPS with my old HD6950 CFX so it doesent makes any sense...

I disabled the GPU OC during the test, and my CPU is always at 4.4

so you think OC will give me 30 fps more? I also had better FPS with my old HD6950 CFX so it doesent makes any sense...

well the 3770K is 10% faster clock to clock so that might of helped but not that much.

The 780 may not be functioning properly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Did you look in GPUz at how much GPU usage and if it was boosting? My 780 only boosts on some games and doesn't use its full potential on all games either. But it still puts out great FPS.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

well the 3770K is 10% faster clock to clock so that might of helped but not that much.

more than 30 fps because of 4.4 OC and newer cpu ? and 80fps with 780 vs 53fps with 770 is pretty wierd.

The 780 may not be functioning properly.

what do you mean

indeed, however would you mind sharing which game it is, certain specific games (mostly mmo`s ect) are heavilly cpu limited- especially when there are many people being displayed on the screen at once. In that situation the difference in cpu might correspond to a more significant fps diff.

you need to check your temperatures

some g/cpu`s do work WAY worse when overheating

also maybe its the motherboard pci-e slot broke when you changed cards(highly improbable)

or the card is a dull

Insomnia!

Taking down airplanes with gameboys

what do you mean

Some parts of the card are not functioning. What are your GPU's frequencies?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

the game is battlefield 3, and temps are fine

is your motherboard crossfire or SLI ready 

some motherboards are meant to be used with HD Readeons Gpu`s

Others with Nvidias Gpu`s

witch motherboard do you have

Insomnia!

What was the GPU usage in game?

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

i bet your card isnt boosting as high as his card.. probably yours is throtteling due to any issues with your PSU? do the GPU gets enought power? whats ur PSU?

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

and what are your clock speeds?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

is your motherboard crossfire or SLI ready 

some motherboards are meant to be used with HD Readeons Gpu`s

Others with Nvidias Gpu`s

witch motherboard do you have

That will not affect anything unless trying to run multiple video cards.

That will not affect anything unless trying to run multiple video cards.

ok.... then

Insomnia!

I have 52c while im ingame...where do I check whats the gpu usage? im using evga precison.

when im playing my gpu clock and memory clock ate both 1070-1090.

erm have you uninstalled the old amd drivers, perhaps they could be conflicting with the nvidia drivers for that game (seems unlikely but its worth a try).

I have 52c while im ingame...where do I check whats the gpu usage? im using evga precison.

when im playing my gpu clock and memory clock ate both 1070-1090.

Do u have GPU-Z? That is where. I boost to 1045 and mem at 1555 in game with a usage of about 90% and I get like 120 fps in the campaign. 

My rigs

Spoiler