When will I get windows 10?

Danielh90

I am waiting to get windows 10 at midnight will I get it at windows 10 at midnight? 

Probably not.  It's going to be released in waves.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

soooo  many windows 10 posts, please use the search function to see if something has been posted before because this topic has been at least 10 times today.

also there is a countdown clock say when it will launch  ( dont have link handy sorry, look in one of the other 10 posts, its been posted there)

Probably not.  It's going to be released in waves.

why do they have to do it in waves :/

So their servers don't get overloaded from pushing the update to millions of people.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

soooo  many windows 10 posts, please use the search function to see if something has been posted before because this topic has been at least 10 times today.

also there is a countdown clock say when it will launch  ( dont have link handy sorry, look in one of the other 10 posts, its been posted there)

I don't think it is a issue post multiple threads about the issue If it gets out of hand I am sure moderator/admin will see to it that a issue is fixed :)  

Windows 10 most likely wont be released until the the world reveal is over

you have a small chance at getting 10 the first day of release anyways unless you bought the windows 10 DVD, Microsoft did a good thing preventing a disaster here, 

Windows 10 most likely wont be released until the the world reveal is over

you have a small chance at getting 10 the first day of release anyways unless you bought the windows 10 DVD, Microsoft did a good thing preventing a disaster here, 

what do you mean world reveal ? 

what do you mean world reveal ? 

Windows 10 launch I mean,

It's already downloaded on my PC... now I'm just waiting until the moment it actually decides it wants to update... a little less than 30 minutes to midnight... I kind of doubt it will unlock then.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

It's already downloaded on my PC... now I'm just waiting until the moment it actually decides it wants to update... a little less than 30 minutes to midnight... I kind of doubt it will unlock then.

what time is it for you? I live in USA and its still July 28th but the time is 10:36pm so its almost midnight

what time is it for you? I live in USA and its still July 28th but the time is 10:36pm so its almost midnight

5 minutes to midnight at the moment. I live in Canada, UTC -5:00, the same time zone as New York.

From what I've read, it should be released at midnight(12am) my time, for the entire country, meaning 9PM for people in PST. Not sure if it's true though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

And it's midnight!

... Nothing happened.

But, checking for updates resulted in 12 new windows 7 updates... They weren't there 5 minutes ago.

And it's midnight!

... Nothing happened.

But, checking for updates resulted in 12 new windows 7 updates... They weren't there 5 minutes ago.

Same O.o

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

8 minutes past midnight... still nothing... Oh well, guess I'll see to this in the evening.

The funny thing is, I could totally just run the setup.exe file in C:\$Windows.~BT , to install windows 10. But I don't want to risk it, in case it doesn't give me the free upgrade.

8 minutes past midnight... still nothing... Oh well, guess I'll see to this in the evening.

The funny thing is, I could totally just run the setup.exe file in C:\$Windows.~BT , to install windows 10. But I don't want to risk it, in case it doesn't give me the free upgrade.

I already tried u get an error message saying some file is missing.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

And it's midnight!

... Nothing happened.

I don't see any updates.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I checked for the predownload after reading threads earlier today, and now that it's midnight I have gotten the ok to install Windows 10 from Windows Update. (14% through so far)

Lord of Helium.

wow, lucky
Here in japan, It is already 13h30 and still nothing for me ^^

Edit : Yeah ! I just got the notification ^^ I am downloading it now :)

Windows Update no longer even tell me about Windows 10... And the Get Windows 10 application(GWX), now has a button to essentially be told when the update is available(mine is in french, but should say "Ok, tell me when it's ready")...

Somehow I feel like it won't update anytime soon.

Windows Update no longer even tell me about Windows 10... And the Get Windows 10 application(GWX), now has a button to essentially be told when the update is available(mine is in french, but should say "Ok, tell me when it's ready")...

Somehow I feel like it won't update anytime soon.

I think I have the same. I am downloading it and there is a new button :

Mettre a jour : Prochainement >>>>>>> Update : soon

so I guess I am just downloading the last files and wait ^^

Well, I think I just screwed up my chances of getting Windows 10 any time soon...

I ran this
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Hoping it would get me windows 10 sooner...
Turns out it deleted all the files that were previously downloaded... Now I don't know if the "upgrade" through that will actually give me Windows 10 for free or not...

Edit : Deleting every updates since yesterday and redownloading KB2952664 seems to have forced windows to actually re-download Windows 10... Hopefully, it will try to install this time around...

(though looking at it, probably running WindowsUpdateBox.exe in at this path
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\a85d4401053e15101fe01763a34e9f96
would've done the trick too... Oh well)

Well, I think I just screwed up my chances of getting Windows 10 any time soon...

I ran this

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Hoping it would get me windows 10 sooner...

Turns out it deleted all the files that were previously downloaded... Now I don't know if the "upgrade" through that will actually give me Windows 10 for free or not...

Edit : Deleting every updates since yesterday and redownloading KB2952664 seems to have forced windows to actually re-download Windows 10... Hopefully, it will try to install this time around...

(though looking at it, probably running WindowsUpdateBox.exe in at this path

C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\a85d4401053e15101fe01763a34e9f96

would've done the trick too... Oh well)

Hopefully I did not screw my update