$1200 Build,Help

@Mr_Raptor

build 1:

1. you need a better cpu cooling solution. if you want to get an aio liquid cooler get the h60 from corsair
  2. i wouldn't bother going micro. get atx
  3. get an ssd
  4. 380 beats the 960
  5. cx psu sucks

build 2:

1. don't build it

ill put something together for you

BigDay

build 1:

1. you need a better cpu cooling solution. if you want to get an aio liquid cooler get the h60 from corsair
  2. i wouldn't bother going micro. get atx
  3. get an ssd
  4. 380 beats the 960
  5. cx psu sucks

build 2:

1. don't build it

ill put something together for you

Could you give me a better build for it,as i feel every time i make one it blows.

your games arent very demanding. I would recommend an fx 8350 with a hyper 212 evo cooler for some light overclocking and if you can find an r9 290 with a good aftermarket cooler that would be a good choice for the 2nd build, and maybe get a ssd?

do you want to overclock the cpu?

I wouldn't mind overclocking if i had to.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($285.97 @ DirectCanada) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.88 @ Canada Computers) 

Motherboard: Asus Z97M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($159.25 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($394.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Corsair Air 240 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Canada Computers) 

Total: $1234.54

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-28 12:05 EDT-0400

I went with one stick of 8 gb because when you get some more money you can add another stick to bring yourself up to 16gb

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

I wouldn't mind overclocking if i had to.

1. i went over budget a bit because i wanted you to have the r9 390 instead of the 380. it's worth it imo to save up some more money and get the 390
  2. added an h60 for your cpu cooler. you'll be able to pull off a great overclock with this one
  3. i suggest you review my cpu and gpu overclocking guides; links are in my forum signature. this will massively increase performance in game
  4. psu review here: http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/power-supplies/41110-evga-supernova-nex750b-power-supply-review

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($285.97 @ DirectCanada)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($74.99 @ Memory Express)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($124.88 @ Amazon Canada)

Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($50.88 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.98 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($64.50 @ Vuugo)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($421.95 @ Vuugo)

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($82.54 @ DirectCanada)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Memory Express)

Total: $1280.68

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-28 12:08 EDT-0400

BigDay

So at the moment i have two diffrent build opptions,i will consider suggestions/help

here are the builds

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/J3pR99

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/T4PVQ7

budget is 1200,it can go over a bit

i want it for Streaming and gaming,i like to play arma 3 and csgo,i know csgo is very easy to run.

also 1200 Canadian 

PLEASE get a SSD. I know its not going to affect your gaming power (ok loading times will go down). But SSD should be part of every build nowadays, So get a cheap 120GB SSD; to put your OS and favorite games on. The PC will simply be MUCH more fun to work/play with because loading times will go down MUCH. To make room for the SSD in the budget i would recommend getting only 8GB of RAM. 16GB are simply not needed in todays gaming. And a upgrading to 16GB in the future is much easier then moving your OS to an SSD.

In general I think the AMD build is verry good. YES i know AMD is getting hated on much But for simple gaming this processor is more than enugh. And while streaming you will benefit from the additional cores. 

For the Case its personal taste i would consider getting a corsair 230T but ya both are very solid cases.

The rest looks fine to me

good but for the money a 4690k would kill that amd all day.

i went amd because the games he plays arent very demanding and in livestreaming he can realy benefit having moar cores :)

1. i went over budget a bit because i wanted you to have the r9 390 instead of the 380. it's worth it imo to save up some more money and get the 390
  2. added an h60 for your cpu cooler. you'll be able to pull off a great overclock with this one
  3. i suggest you review my cpu and gpu overclocking guides; links are in my forum signature. this will massively increase performance in game

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($285.97 @ DirectCanada)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($74.99 @ Memory Express)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($124.88 @ Amazon Canada)

Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($50.88 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.98 @ DirectCanada)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($64.50 @ Vuugo)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($421.95 @ Vuugo)

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($82.54 @ DirectCanada)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Memory Express)

Total: $1280.68

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-28 12:08 EDT-0400

You can save by dumping the bad watercooler and getting a air cooler.

You could also get a cheaper motherboard.

But that's a nice build !

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

i went amd because the games he plays arent very demanding and in livestreaming he can realy benefit having moar cores :)

The build suggested above is much better,

the i5 will be better than the 8350 even when recording or streaming

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

You can save by dumping the bad watercooler and getting a air cooler.

You could also get a cheaper motherboard.

But that's a nice build !

thanks. i've found the h60 to be quite good though. i have one myself and it's been great so far with overclocking.

BigDay

1.DUUUUDE ... he simply doesn't need the power of the 380 for the games he is willing to play. Also the 970 or an AMD equivalent has ENUGH power to solidly play 1080p games. For him 390 is overkill.

3.And BTW: youre guides are awesome ;)

1.DUUUUDE ... he simply doesn't need the power of the 380 for the games he is willing to play. Also the 970 or an AMD equivalent has ENUGH power to solidly play 1080p games. For him 390 is overkill.

thanks for the reply and kind words

yeah i know its overkill, but at least he's getting his money's worth lol. if you're going to spend 1200-1300 on a pc, you might as well shoot for the stars. at least this way he can play any other title

BigDay

@Mr_Raptor,

what kind of monitor do you have? i recommend you use a 1ms, 144 hertz monitor for 1080p. if you like, i can try and fit one into your budget. this would be great for cs go

BigDay

? the r9 390 is basically the amd 970 equivalent 

thanks. i've found the h60 to be quite good though. i have one myself and it's been great so far with overclock.

a good air cooler offers more silent operation and price to performance ratio especially u are not overclocking much.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

? the r9 390 is basically the amd 970 equivalent 

HAHAHA sorry dude damn i thought you were talking about 390X

but 390 is  more expensive (at least where i live) 

and outputting much more heat 

and less OC is possible.

And one thing is CUDA being a live streaming/video guy the 970s CUDA may come in handy in the future ;)

@Mr_Raptor,

what kind of monitor do you have? i recommend you use a 1ms, 144 hertz monitor for 1080p. if you like, i can try and fit one into your budget. this would be great for cs go

Im saveing up for a BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor.

HAHAHA sorry dude damn i thought you were talking about 390X

but 390 is  more expensive (at least where i live) 

and outputting much more heat 

and less OC is possible.

And one thing is CUDA being a live streaming/video guy the 970s CUDA may come in handy in the future ;)

you mean the h.264 encoder because im not sure how cuda helps streamers. but the r9 390 also have a h.264 encoder and if its too expensive then of course get the one with the better value

a good air cooler offers more silent operation and price to performance ratio especially u are not overclocking much.

my h60 is quiet, i don't hear a thing under normal operation. if he wants to get an air cooler for overclocking, i recommend the following:

noctua nh-u12s

noctua nh-u14s

noctua nh-d14

noctua nh-d15

obviously the further you move down that list, the more expensive they get, but they will all work for a solid overclock.

BigDay

thanks for the reply and kind words

yeah i know its overkill, but at least he's getting his money's worth lol. if you're going to spend 1200-1300 on a pc, you might as well shoot for the stars. at least this way he can play any other title

sure but ya the saved money could also be invested in an SDD. Wich i thing is super important. Why make the GPU wich is already awesome for 1080p better and completely forgetting about storage speeds?. I think in real live the SSD would "make the pc MUCH better"