-Thoughts on- New OnePlus 2 2016 Flagship Killer

It seems to be a good phone but then again it will charge much slower than Adaptive Fast Charging and Usb type-c imcompatibility with Quick Charging 2.0 phones, thus it still packs a Full Hd display to compensate for the Snapdragon 810 heat output, and the way things are going by 2016 we should see UHD phones so 1 year ahead flagship killer is just.. not gonna happen. I would like to see one in front of me just to compare it to the world leading displays which are Retina HD, Quantum Ips and the allmighty Super Amoled. Honestly the OnePlus 2 Kevlar would be an absolutely fantastic device to hold. And the rosewood O-O is just marvelous alongside Bamboo. DAMN I WANT AN INVITATION xD!

Oh god. Not the 4K UHD phones.

I'm not prepared for a tiny increase in sharpness and drastically worse battery life.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

-snip-

I agree :/. Unless that 2 week lasting battery actually is made..

Groomlake Authority

I agree :/. Unless that 2 week lasting battery actually is made..

Honestly, even though I have a phone with a 2K display (LG G4, and it's actually good, but not because of its 1440p resolution), I still think 1080p is more than good enough.

We should just stop at 2K and innovate plus improve in other areas like battery life, something that has been thrown out the window in favor of "MOAR RESOLUTION" and "MAH THINNESS".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

-snip-

Perfecting the color gammut, accuracy and display brightness is the innovation we need indeed. Honestly Super Amoleds display are 95% "perfect" which is why OLED technology is the future. I cant deny Samsung is the best display manufacturer in the world in my opinion.

Groomlake Authority

Perfecting the color gammut, accuracy and display brightness is the innovation we need indeed. Honestly Super Amoleds display are 95% "perfect" which is why OLED technology is the future. I cant deny Samsung is the best display manufacturer in the world in my opinion.

I'd like to see AMOLED screens becoming as durable as LCDs and having a longer lifespan.

We're nearly there, and the recent Samsung AMOLED displays aren't as stupidly oversaturated as before, which is great.

But I'd also like to give a nod to LG for their Quantum display. It's LCD, but it's almost AMOLED-like in contrast and vibrance.