Black Screen with only cursor showing, please help!

jonesabuomar

I am able to boot into safe mode, open task manager, and all that, but nothing appears on my screen other than the cursor. Ive tried so much already, please help! This happened straight after I did a Windows Update, when the update finished, it stopped working!

Edit: The error only appears after the login.

try ending the explorer.exe process, and starting it again

http://prntscr.com/7xhd5b

I had this problem log time ago, but it would eventually come up after like 10 mins even if i didnt do anything... not sure if it was a permanent fix though...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

get out the windows disc and let it repair or restore to earlier save

This one right here. I've done it multiple times after situations where update has gone wrong or some software has started acting up. ONLY AFFECTS ON WINDOWS, UPDATES AND RECENTLY INSTALLED SOFTWARE. NOT PERSONAL FILES.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This one right here. I've done it multiple times after situations where update has gone wrong or some software has started acting up. ONLY AFFECTS ON WINDOWS, UPDATES AND RECENTLY INSTALLED SOFTWARE. NOT PERSONAL FILES.

I did not see anywhere that you mentioned anything about NOT PERSONAL FILES? not sure what your talking about on that, but the windows disc should give you a few options first repair windows second restore windows to earlier time from a restore point you created... third use the disc image that you created for restoring windows. Can you get to device manager to see if anything is a problem? Use alt control and delete to bring up task manager and you should have a few options to get around. I would also see which updates actually updated and which ones didn't and see if there is anything relevant that can lead you to your issue. I hope you have your system backed up. The restore points and disc image and a few other items are the first thing I do when building a new rig as I always end up with problems and some times even with the disc and all the other items mentioned you still end up having to reinstall windows. Get into your bios and use the few tools available there for checking your disk. Is this a home built computer? if not use the software that came with it as most companies have a tools disc. Good Luck

I did not see anywhere that you mentioned anything about NOT PERSONAL FILES? not sure what your talking about on that, but the windows disc should give you a few options first repair windows second restore windows to earlier time from a restore point you created... third use the disc image that you created for restoring windows. Can you get to device manager to see if anything is a problem? Use alt control and delete to bring up task manager and you should have a few options to get around. I would also see which updates actually updated and which ones didn't and see if there is anything relevant that can lead you to your issue. I hope you have your system backed up. The restore points and disc image and a few other items are the first thing I do when building a new rig as I always end up with problems and some times even with the disc and all the other items mentioned you still end up having to reinstall windows. Get into your bios and use the few tools available there for checking your disk. Is this a home built computer? if not use the software that came with it as most companies have a tools disc. Good Luck

Uhm. I just meant that restoration/repair doesn't do anything to personal files, or any other files to that matter. Thats just one of many scares that people have about the whole procedure. Like I said, I've done it multiple times. Last one was trying to not reinstall windows after mobo change. Also, could you use some breaks to separate what you are saying to me from what you are focusing on OPs problem.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv