Cpu temps to high...

GiveMeAllTheCookies
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

No, your thermal paste hasn't moved away. It may have spread bit more than it was, but that doesn't have any significant effect. Unless you already had too little of it. And the way 212 Evos mounting hardware is designed, it has bolt in the middle of crossed bracket. That works bit like scissors and allows using multiple sockets with single bracket. Downside is slight twisting if turned.

As for temps. It might be that bot fans are running bit slower than what single fan was running. While this doesn't have huge effect on temps, it might bump them just bit so you (being somewhat new to cooling) will be scared of them.

Ok, so i recently did my first build and use the Hyper 212 evo. After a few weeks i replaced the original fan with a noctua nf- f12 and put the original fan at the back of the cooler in a push- pull config. The temperatures where fine at first, but after testing a few games i saw that the temps were waaaay higher than before. (just throwing it out there) I noticed that while puting on the fans, the heatsync was slightly moving/spinning. Could this be the problem? that the thermal paste has been moved? or something like that. Or is it just not a very good idea to have a push- pull config on the fans? In for example league of legends the cpu reaches almost 60C while it didn't go above 50 before...   The processor is a i5 4690k btw... and it's not overclocked.

60c is good temps, what you've been seeing earlier might be due to lower ambient temperatures or lesser background load on the CPU.

When in doubt: C4

The twitsting is normal as the cooler is somewhat floating on the paste and the mounting hardware is horrible.

also 60c is not bad. also your testing has a lot of variables with it using a game. Try testing with a synthetic CPU stress test

60 degrees is completly fine, only about 80 - 85 degrees is entering the dangerous field...

Ok, so i recently did my first build and use the Hyper 212 evo. After a few weeks i replaced the original fan with a noctua nf- f12 and put the original fan at the back of the cooler in a push- pull config. The temperatures where fine at first, but after testing a few games i saw that the temps were waaaay higher than before. (just throwing it out there) I noticed that while puting on the fans, the heatsync was slightly moving/spinning. Could this be the problem? that the thermal paste has been moved? or something like that. Or is it just not a very good idea to have a push- pull config on the fans? In for example league of legends the cpu reaches almost 60C while it didn't go above 50 before...   The processor is a i5 4690k btw... and it's not overclocked.

Under load, 60C isnt bad :P

can u give us a picture of ur rig and show us how ur airflow is

example of what im trying to ask u to do

im sorry do u really have an r7 260x and an i7 cpu?

No, your thermal paste hasn't moved away. It may have spread bit more than it was, but that doesn't have any significant effect. Unless you already had too little of it. And the way 212 Evos mounting hardware is designed, it has bolt in the middle of crossed bracket. That works bit like scissors and allows using multiple sockets with single bracket. Downside is slight twisting if turned.

As for temps. It might be that bot fans are running bit slower than what single fan was running. While this doesn't have huge effect on temps, it might bump them just bit so you (being somewhat new to cooling) will be scared of them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv