A keyboard for programming

fanboy555

I'm looking to replace my old membrane keyboard with a new mechanical one. I do a lot of typing (coding) on it, so I'm looking for something that feels good after a few hours of typing.

What I'm looking for:

-around 100€

-full layout (numpad)

-palm rest

-if it has backlight, it has to have an option to turn it off

Is mechanical the way to go, or should I look into ergonomic keyboards?

I'm looking to replace my old membrane keyboard with a new mechanical one. I do a lot of typing (coding) on it, so I'm looking for something that feels good after a few hours of typing.

What I'm looking for:

-around 100€

-full layout (numpad)

-palm rest

mechanicals are ergonomic in a way :D

programming was made for qwerty keyboards, most program builders were made to have shortcuts all over the keyboard.

any keyboard that makes you feel comfortable is the keyboard you should get.

follow thread.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

The WASD CODE is a really nice keyboard that was designed by programmers, although any keyboard that you feel comfortable typing with will obviously do the job just fine.

What I'm looking for:

-around 100€

-full layout (numpad)

-palm rest

for years I've been programming I never encountered any keyboard specifically made for programming(unless you used a layout other than qwerty that was made for programming). I've encountered keyboards for Content creation though.

but any mechanical keyboard would be much more ergonomic than membrane ones. IMO best for typing would be cherry MX browns.

Keybaords with tons of dedicated macro keys would be great for programming, but they're much better use in content creation but they will still help quite a bit on programming. I used to use a blackwidow ultimate which had macro keys on the side which used to easily assign a few processes in unity and monodevelop.

if you want a keyboard with a lot of dedicated macro keys go for a k95 rgb. afaik it also has a wrist rest included.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]