Driver problem with Sony Xperia SL

Zameer

I did a factory reset of my Sony Xperia SL Lt26ii phone. But now when i connect it to my PC with USB cable, it gives an error while installing drivers. I have tried installing and detecting it with Sony PC suite but even that cannot detect any attached phones.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Uninstall PC companion, plug it in, go into device manager, right click on the device and remove all the drivers then plug it back in and see if it will initiate Windows stock drivers and then install PC companion back

Uninstall PC companion, plug it in, go into device manager, right click on the device and remove all the drivers then plug it back in and see if it will initiate Windows stock drivers and then install PC companion back

This did not solve the problem. Windows still says that device driver was not successfully installed.

Is there a way to manually download and install the drivers? I tried searching on google but could not find drivers that work.

This did not solve the problem. Windows still says that device driver was not successfully installed.

Is there a way to manually download and install the drivers? I tried searching on google but could not find drivers that work.

Hmmm, take a look into windows error logs and see if that gives clues as to what's wrong. Could just be a driver incompatibility, you never know

You mean these?

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

I have already tried this but this does not work either. When i click on update driver in device manager and then select the location of these drivers to be installed, it says that windows could not find drivers for your device. It used to work earlier but after I did a factory reset and also reinstalled my windows, the problem occurred. 

Hmmm, take a look into windows error logs and see if that gives clues as to what's wrong. Could just be a driver incompatibility, you never know

How do I check the windows error logs?

OK this is driving me crazy. I have already downloaded these drivers but for some reason I cannot figure out howto install them. They do not have any .exe file and when i select the location of these drivers from the device manager for it to install automatically, it does not do it.

Any suggestions?