Need recommendations for a new mouse, mostly for sniping in-game

iM8Pizza

Hello.... the title says it all already....but let`s get specific....

I need a new mouse, a precise one, nit sonething that OVERLOCKED at 10000 DPI and stuff... I barely use more than 2500....

I would probably play it for ARMA 3... And.... I would need it for long-session sniping... I would need it as well to be precise when I am in an escape and trying to shoot back with all I have (so, I need to be really really precise).... I do not mind if it uses an Optical since I do not see the need going to Laser sensor if it just OVERCLOCK it or something...

I saw the Intellimouse 3.0.... people says it is accurate....9000 FPS (I kinda think this is just a marketing strategy to attract to-be consumer of it, So I am not so sure)... Or is there any other recommendations? Price range would be....well, no price range...just do not go crazy like with the RAT price point

Corsair M65

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

The intellimouse 3.0 is very old and it's a 125Hz mouse (if I remember). It was VERY popular in CSS and CS 1.6 as a good all around mouse. If you want something similar to that check out the FinalMouse. I've heard nothing but good things about it's sensor. The bad that I have heard is the shell is from a MUCH cheaper mouse, but the sensor is supposed to be the best on the market right now. 

Now, if you want something with like a "sniper" button (This is bad for muscle memory) then the Logitech G502 is probably the best.

The intellimouse 3.0 is very old and it's a 125Hz mouse (if I remember). It was VERY popular in CSS and CS 1.6 as a good all around mouse. If you want something similar to that check out the FinalMouse. I've heard nothing but good things about it's sensor. The bad that I have heard is the shell is from a MUCH cheaper mouse, but the sensor is supposed to be the best on the market right now. 

Now, if you want something with like a "sniper" button (This is bad for muscle memory) then the Logitech G502 is probably the best.

Mmmmh.... Yeah, It was first introduced in 2003 if I'm not mistaken. I have heard about the finalmouse, But it seems that....well.... you are right about the shell.... then I check Amazon.... "Industry Leading Super-Lightweight: At Only 74 Grams"....woah.... 74 Grams, that would be too light for my hand, and probably will make me move it faster than it supposed to be, but anyway....I can deal with that after a while.

G502, Yeah....apart from the shiny backlit that wouldn't match my desktop with red or black

is Steelseries mices any good?

Mmmmh.... Yeah, It was first introduced in 2003 if I'm not mistaken. I have heard about the finalmouse, But it seems that....well.... you are right about the shell.... then I check Amazon.... "Industry Leading Super-Lightweight: At Only 74 Grams"....woah.... 74 Grams, that would be too light for my hand, and probably will make me move it faster than it supposed to be, but anyway....I can deal with that after a while.

G502, Yeah....apart from the shiny backlit that wouldn't match my desktop with red or black

The SteelSeries Rival is pretty good. It also has a shape very similar to the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. It uses the Avago 3310 sensor which is very accurate. It weighs 128 grams and also has RGB lighting that you can control through SteelSeries Engine.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

125MHz... I do not really know about such....but what makes it *less-pro* than today^s mices that has 1000mhz or such?

The SteelSeries Rival is pretty good. It also has a shape very similar to the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. It uses the Avago 3310 sensor which is very accurate. It weighs 128 grams and also has RGB lighting that you can control through SteelSeries Engine.

Is there a version that is without an RGB....because I probably won^t use the RGB and it would cost more...for RGB

You can turn the light off in the Logitech Gaming Software.

Hi.

go with a optical mouse as they tend to be more precise. Alot of gamers including me will not buy a mouse if it has a laser sensor.

I can recomend Asus Gladius and Corsair M45 as i have personal experiance with both.

Othwise i have heard the Corsair Sabre RGB, Razer Deathadder, Steelseries Rival and Qpad 8k optical are really good.

Logitech and Zowie gear also makes really good mice.

Well, I was also looking for a mouse and have spend some good time on searching the right one. It was even harder for me do to the fact that i have a macbook too and sometime I use it for some gaming on the go. So going into the point I was looking at some Youtube reviews and stuff and found an CES Award winner mouse. This one was the R.A.T Pro X, its a mouse that they a sure it has being engineered for 5 years. This mouse is future proof, what i mean is that it has interchangeable sensors with a variety of them. Its very modular, very good looking, and it functional with Mac and PC. The down side of this is the non variety of colors and that it has not yet been released. Also I think this on will be a premium cost mouse do to the fact that some R.A.T's are priced in a $150 range.

Heres a quick video so you can inform more about it.

I've watched that one

Well, I was also looking for a mouse and have spend some good time on searching the right one. It was even harder for me do to the fact that i have a macbook too and sometime I use it for some gaming on the go. So going into the point I was looking at some Youtube reviews and stuff and found an CES Award winner mouse. This one was the R.A.T Pro X, its a mouse that they a sure it has being engineered for 5 years. This mouse is future proof, what i mean is that it has interchangeable sensors with a variety of them. Its very modular, very good looking, and it functional with Mac and PC. The down side of this is the non variety of colors and that it has not yet been released. Also I think this on will be a premium cost mouse do to the fact that some R.A.T's are priced in a $150 range.

Heres a quick video so you can inform more about it.

what's the sensor? I mean... I couldn't find any good info about their sensors

go with a optical mouse as they tend to be more precise. Alot of gamers including me will not buy a mouse if it has a laser sensor.

I can recomend Asus Gladius and Corsair M45 as i have personal experiance with both.

Othwise i have heard the Corsair Sabre RGB, Razer Deathadder, Steelseries Rival and Qpad 8k optical are really good.

Hmmm yeah... Zowie Gear, I just heard their brand a while ago when surfing in amazon....is it any good?

After having a RAT9 and Strike 7 both go just inside the warrenty and Mad catz refusing to honor it. I'd stay away from Mad Catz for crap support alone. I bought a M65 and having had it a day and got used to it right away. 

CPU: Intel i7 4930k 5Ghz RAM: GSkill Trident X 2400Mhz MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition  GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC 2067Mhz PSU: Corsair AX1200i Case: Coolermaster C700P 

Cooling: Corsair H100i with 2 ML120s & 4 HD140s

SSDs: 1.75TB Samsung SSD's + 10TB HDD'sOS: Windows 10 Insiders Build Fast Ring - Monitors: Asus PB287Q 4K  -  Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum MX Brown 

Audio: Asus Xonar STX + Senn HD650

I can vouch for the Saber, although it is a mouse for medium to small hands, so if you have a large hand maybe go with something else.   

Hmmm yeah... Zowie Gear, I just heard their brand a while ago when surfing in amazon....is it any good?

Dont have any personal experiance, have never actualy seen a zowie gear mouse, but i have heard their sensors are top notch

And guys..... does mousepads really effect the performance...like say...gliding and stuf....? Because I mostly just use my table as it^s pad, which is made from wood... smooth...yeah, But it gets harder when the target is far away and look small AF...so does it really effect the performance of it?

Yeah well after looking at the ZowieGear EC1-A...I guess I am getting it... yes I have look at the other mices that you guys mention, perhaps any other choices...? I might need to get used with the shape of the EC1-A though... because I have never used any other than an Ambidextrous-shaped mouse

Steelseries has been known to have pretty bad mouse accel. 

Yeah well after looking at the ZowieGear EC1-A...I guess I am getting it... yes I have look at the other mices that you guys mention, perhaps any other choices...? I might need to get used with the shape of the EC1-A though... because I have never used any other than an Ambidextrous-shaped mouse

Over the years, I've use the aforementioned Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, a Razer Krait, a Razer DeathAdder, a Zowie EC1 EvO, and my current mouse, Mionix Naos 7000.

I had no issues with the Zowie EC1. It had a good sensor, good coating and it's still going even though I bought it like 4 years ago. Originally, I bought the EC1 because my DeathAdder died, which in turn had been a more modern replacement for my 3.0, as I had found myself in need of hardware DPI adjustment for some games. The EC1 shines with its simplicity: There's no software to install and no firmware to be updated. All you have is a few buttons that you can use to change the polling rate and DPI.

However, Zowie does also offer ambidextrous mice, the FK and the ZA.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

And guys..... does mousepads really effect the performance...like say...gliding and stuf....? Because I mostly just use my table as it^s pad, which is made from wood... smooth...yeah, But it gets harder when the target is far away and look small AF...so does it really effect the performance of it?

Yes a good mousepad can make alot to improve comfort, performance and the mouse's life expectency.

Can recomend Xtrfy XGP-L4, a big washable mousepad with slightly more glide than the popular Steelseries QCK and with much better quality.

I've watched that one

what's the sensor? I mean... I couldn't find any good info about their sensors

You can change the sensor module. Theres a variety of them