h100i temps?

Without really doing anything intensive I'm getting temps between 80-96c, that seems pretty high? I got a few little scratches in the paste before I applied it though would that be the issue?

Yes, it is way too high. Check if the pump is working.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Yes, it is way too high. Check if the pump is working.

It is

Without really doing anything intensive I'm getting temps between 80-96c, that seems pretty high? I got a few little scratches in the paste before I applied it though would that be the issue?

way to high. also is the voltage of the cpu stock or higher?

Sounds like a mounting issue try remounting it but also what hardware are your running, the scratches shouldn't cause a problem, that's what thermal paste is designed for.

The H100i also suffers from a mounting pressure issue but your temps are very high for basically idle.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=671101&postcount=28

I tried to tighten the screw a bit and it went down to 30-40, but I'm at even less of a load then before so I don't know.

I might have some little black o-rings laying around from paintball I'll have to look.

I tried to tighten the screw a bit and it went down to 30-40, but I'm at even less of a load then before so I don't know.

I might have some little black o-rings laying around from paintball I'll have to look.

Try remounting it first and make sure to tighten the screws all the way, if your screws weren't tight that would be the reason why it was ~80C with little load.