windows dosent detect my wd green 1tb drive?

carguy86
Go to solution Solved by gollum99,

in my bios? (mobo detects the drive just fine)

Windows file manager, does it show it? If not get PartitionWizard and format it to NTFS, then you can assign a drive letter via Windows Drive Manager and then it will 100% work

im stuggling with windows not detecting my wd green 1tb drive. (NOTE:this is not a new drive, it was working happily in my linux server but i needed mode space in my windows pc so i nerfed the server to 8tb) (the driwe may have some linux stuff on it)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

im stuggling with windows not detecting my wd green 1tb drive. (NOTE:this is not a new drive, it was working happily in my linux server but i needed mode space in my windows pc so i nerfed the server to 8tb) (the driwe may have some linux stuff on it)

Go to drive manager and then assign a drive letter to it, that should fix it.

Go to drive manager and then assign a drive letter to it, that should fix it.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

If the drive has some information from the Linux installation, you'll need to delete it. Because it's using a completely different type of file system.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Open up the Start menu, search for Disk Management, and open up the first thing you see (at least, it should be the first thing).

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Windows file manager, does it show it? If not get PartitionWizard and format it to NTFS, then you can assign a drive letter via Windows Drive Manager and then it will 100% work