What graphics card do i need and fits

Go to solution Solved by Dramox,

Thanks all!

I’am currently learning about pc management, can u help me?

Power supply: Corsair 750cx  750watt.

Moterboard: P7p55d-LE

CPU:  Intel®  Core™ i7   860 @ 2.80GHz

8 GB ram DDR 3 

2 stk harddisk 500 GB og 1 TB (1000 GB)

Asus nvidea GTX275 (currently)

I really need to change my graphics card soon!

Do you know if my pc is good enough for a good graphics card that can run all mmorpgs on ultra.

Thought about nvidea GTX960.

I like Nvidea the most for some reason thats why i dont take Amd radeon cards :x

Welcome to the Forum ! To get notifications when someone answers your post please follow it ( button top right corner next to title ) . To help you best , please answer a few questions :

Budget ( max price ) ?

Resolution of your monitor ?

Location ( for price comparison ) ?

Cards with similar to the 960 , but with better performance are the R9 380 or R9 280x from AMD ( if you find the 280x at a reasonable price , get that )

I’am currently learning about pc management, can u help me?

Power supply: Corsair 750cx  750watt.

Moterboard: P7p55d-LE

CPU:  Intel®  Core™ i7   860 @ 2.80GHz

8 GB ram DDR 3 

2 stk harddisk 500 GB og 1 TB (1000 GB)

Asus nvidea GTX275 (currently)

I really need to change my graphics card soon!

Do you know if my pc is good enough for a good graphics card that can run all mmorpgs on ultra.

Thought about nvidea GTX960.

Budget? If you thought about the 960 look at the R9 390 (x) may be a nice option for ya... 960 is (imo) stupid

Budget? If you thought about the 960 look at the R9 390 (x) may be a nice option for ya... 960 is (imo) stupid

the 390 costs  like 100 more.......

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

the 390 costs  like 100 more.......

Not where I live.

Oh wait typo I meant the R9 380

the 960 beats the 380... its between that and a 280x.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

the 960 beats the 380... its between that and a 280x.

Theyre equal, 380 is a tad better in most cases

Is no one going to mention that he will need a stonger CPU to run a majority of (modern) MMORPG's on ultra settings especially in raids or high population areas?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Theyre equal, 380 is a tad better in most cases

my bad my bad, 380 wins.

my bad my bad, 380 wins.

And there we go: 380 > 960

Welcome to the Forum ! To get notifications when someone answers your post please follow it ( button top right corner next to title ) . To help you best , please answer a few questions :

Budget ( max price ) ?

Resolution of your monitor ?

Location ( for price comparison ) ?

It can be around 300$. my resolution is 1280-1024 only... I live in Denmark but its fine. Besides... i like Nvidea better than Amd for some reason

And there we go: 380 > 960

pretty damn well good pricing too.

Is no one going to mention that he will need a stonger CPU to run a majority of (modern) MMORPG's on ultra settings especially in raids or high population areas?

Well he asked about GPU , but you are right . Planetside 2 was CPU bound on my at high setting on my i5 2310 & GTX 760

pretty damn well good pricing too.

Yes indeed, seems like a really nice budget card nowadays

Please tell me more about it if i have too... or just another graphics card that can run them in a good FPS. 

It will be a waste if i buy a new one and i cant use it because of my CPU is outdated

It can be around 300$. my resolution is 1280-1024 only... I live in Denmark but its fine. Besides... i like Nvidea better than Amd for some reason

If you really want Nvidia get this http://www.edbpriser.dk/grafikkort/msi-gtx-960-gaming-4g-4-gb-id-9981392.aspx

if you are willing to try amd get this http://www.edbpriser.dk/grafikkort/msi-r9-380-gaming-4g-4-gb-id-10953355.aspx

Now about your CPU . It should hold up great in most games , and be ok for MMORPGs ,but at that low resolution and the fact that most MMORPGs are CPU intensive ,  you should save money and get a skylake i5+mobo , and maybe a 1080p monitor . You could start saving money now by getting a lower end GPU like a GTX950 ( coming out soon )  which will work for now , but you will have to replace later when you want to get a better monitor .

If you really want Nvidia get this http://www.edbpriser.dk/grafikkort/msi-gtx-960-gaming-4g-4-gb-id-9981392.aspx

if you are willing to try amd get this http://www.edbpriser.dk/grafikkort/msi-r9-380-gaming-4g-4-gb-id-10953355.aspx

Now about your CPU . It should hold up great in most games , and be ok for MMORPGs ,but at that low resolution and the fact that most MMORPGs are CPU intensive ,  you should save money and get a skylake i5+mobo , and maybe a 1080p monitor .

Thanks a lot.

the thing is.. i bought this pc for 370$ used in 1 year... i found the specs very good for that price and the pc case is very cool. I'm not that good at switching and placing other products to a pc. but i found it easy just buying a new grapics card.  Iam also about to change my monitor soon... 

Hope you kinda get it. And thank you all for helping i couldn't find other places to get help :)

Now about your CPU . It should hold up great in most games , and be ok for MMORPGs ,but at that low resolution and the fact that most MMORPGs are CPU intensive ,  you should save money and get a skylake i5+mobo , and maybe a 1080p monitor . You could start saving money now by getting a lower end GPU like a GTX950 ( coming out soon )  which will work for now , but you will have to replace later when you want to get a better monitor .

So i should buy a good monitor before the graphics card? :x

If you want game on 1080p@60hz now, dont spent so much money yet. Buy the lowest needed and safe money for a 1440p@144hz Display and a kickass Graphicscard like the 980Ti.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

What MMORPG's specifically do you play? it will help up find the right hardware for you to target.

That said a 980TI is WAY WAY overkill for any MMORPG on the market even at 1440P. Specifically because processors that will allow them to hit 144Hz in crowded areas don't exist.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

What MMORPG's specifically do you play? it will help up find the right hardware for you to target.

That said a 980TI is WAY WAY overkill for any MMORPG on the market even at 1440P. Specifically because processors that will allow them to hit 144Hz in crowded areas don't exist.

Well... the is a new MMORPG coming out later this year thats called Black Desert Online wich is very cool and require much. I also plan top play other games that doesnt require much

I can't afford the 980TI and it doesnt have to be toooo goood. i just want it fine and cheap too.

After looking over they type of game and reading some of the comments made by the users in the beta I would think the initial recommendations of a 960 or 280(x)/380 are pretty much spot on for the GPU side with higher/highest graphics settings even at a higher resolution like 1440p.

It looks that the High player count "Seiges" and even just trips through crowded towns will be limited by CPU speed. it should be playable for leveling and smaller group content with a 960 and your current CPU but if you get into the deeper endgame content you will probably be forced to upgrade to something with a high clock speed and a very strong focus on IPC. 

You might actually be able to get away with a G3258 overclocked to 4.2-4.4 here because I have not been able too see any proof of the game using more than 2 cores but the newest thread where core usage is even mentioned is about a year old from the games beta forum. Then again I have a hard time recommending that CPU because of how poorly it will perform in other games than need more cores; although it makes a great and cheap hold over until you can save up for one of the higher clocked i3's or i5's