upgrading motherboard

Okay so I'm gonna be getting a good amount of money soon and want to upgrade my rig. I currently have a msi z97 gaming 5 board and sense I'm getting a new case I figure why not get a new board instead of pulling my old one out and saving some time. What would the next upgrade from the gaming 5 be? Id like to stick with msi as there plug and play bios is so easy to use. I've seen pics of the gaming 7 and 9 but can't find them in stores.

Maybe ram or gpu upgrade? Tt is an awesome mobo and it has all features you want 

Your profile says you don't have a SSD, get that.

And the benifits from switching from a motherboard with one chipset to one from the same manufacture with the same chipset makes no sence.

And get a real display, you probally have over 35 milisecond response time.

Umm the tv I use I picked specifically for the fact it runs 1080p at 60hzs and is compatible with a pc display. Idk what you mean by a real display??? Unless you mean one of the TINY pc displays?? I mean call me crazy but why pay the same amount for a pc display at 1080p that's max 24inches when I can get the same features on a 40+ inch tv???

Maybe ram or gpu upgrade? Tt is an awesome mobo and it has all features you want

Tt? What brand is that? How can I upgrade my gpu???? I have a 980ti. There's nothing better for under 1k.

Tt? What brand is that? How can I upgrade my gpu???? I have a 980ti. There's nothing better for under 1k.

sli?maybe ram or cpu,ssd?

sli?maybe ram or cpu,ssd?

Lol I may do SLI but really a 980ti can't be upgraded other then a waterblock on it which I'm already gonna do. As for SSD yeah gonna get that and gonna max the ram to 4x8gbs

Lol I may do SLI but really a 980ti can't be upgraded other then a waterblock on it which I'm already gonna do. As for SSD yeah gonna get that and gonna max the ram to 4x8gbs

Ram upgrade could be useful, ssd is nice to have, mobo doesn't have performance hit but cpu gpu or better cpu cooler

the msi gaming 5 is not even a year old and its still a very high end mobo there is no reason to upgrade from it. Especially when skylake is around the corner. Why would you upgrade a super good, high end mobo already??