Choosing a tech career

Nadeemz

Hey guys right about next week I will be applying to universitys and I still don't know what should I study I've been into technology for the past 4 years and I'm good at math and physics I'd be very greatful if you could give me some advice or share your experience

Thank you in advance.

Well I do a Computer Systems Engineering degree which combines both Computer Science and 'Electrical & Electronic Engineering', I find it really fun as I like to work on both the hardware and software. 

For physics/maths the better side is 100% Electronic Engineering, that's mainly what it is a combination of the two, but applied to electronics, maybe look up some courses based on that if that's something that would interest you. 

And best of luck applying for Uni :)

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Why apply when you don't know what you want to do with your life, take a break and go climb up some mountains to clear your head and get time to think.

Or get a part time job and make enough money to pay for gas... Just gas... THEN DRIVE UP THEM MOUNTAINS LIKE A BOSS!

My Rig

CPU: i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz | Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme4 | Hyper XFury 16GB(2x8) and 1x8GB G.Skill =24GB GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 O.C.ed | Case: N600 Coolermaster Storage: 1x3TB 7200RPM, 1x320GB 7200RPM, 1x750GB 5400RPM, 1x500GB Evo 850 SSD, 1x1TB = 5.67TB | PSU: 750 Watt PSU Displays: 2x23 inch LG23M45 60hz 1080p + 1 QNIX QX2710 (O.C.ed)100hz 1440p | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blues | Cooling: Stock | Mouse: Redragon Perdition Sound: Sades SA-708 Headset | Operating System: Windows 8

Ask me about my photography!

Why apply when you don't know what you want to do with your life, take a break and go climb up some mountains to clear your head and get time to think.

This is actually very good advice to anyone who lives in country with tuition fee. You don't want to waste first year by studying something you dislike.

In here where its about 100€ per year for student union membership fee and thats it. So people just apply where they think to fit or is easy to get in. Study for year and make a switch inside faculty. Or study till Bachelors degree and switch to another faculty, or even apply for Masters program and just take the recommended basic studies.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This is actually very good advice to anyone who lives in country with tuition fee. You don't want to waste first year by studying something you dislike.

In here where its about 100€ per year for student union membership fee and thats it. So people just apply where they think to fit or is easy to get in. Study for year and make a switch inside faculty. Or study till Bachelors degree and switch to another faculty, or even apply for Masters program and just take the recommended basic studies.

Wait what, only 100 euros a year in tuition fee? O.o Daamn that's nice. In the UK most of us pay £9000 a year now, used to be £3000 just a couple years back  <_< (And that's not including any living/accommodation fees of course.)

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I'm an incoming college freshman as well, majoring in computer science. I don't know how well it'll turn out but Lynda.com is free to students at my college and even though I know nothing about languages or such, I plan to use Lynda.com to my advantages. I might minor in computer engineering but I don't really see the advantages in that. I wanted to major in majors that can correspond to eachother.