3D printer or ultrabook?

Go to solution Solved by 89netrom,

Going for the Micorsoft surface, its does all i nead in a smal practical pakege.

Hi. I want a 3D printer or a Ultrabook, but I cannot decide.

The 3D printer:

http://seemecnc.com/products/rostock-max-complete-kit

Or other similarly prised printer with accuresy and buildvolume.

The Ultrabook:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834319047&ignorebbr=1

I know the price is not the same.

I am a student if that has annything to say. I am not dependent on the money to survive.

I am allso familiar with the cons of using a 3d printer. 

I do noe NEED the 3d printer, but it wuld be really fun! And somewhat nice to hawe.

The PC in the other hand i kinda need and kinda don't. The Laptop i got works but is, slower to start up than a human, and runs like a Block of plastick.

Printer  = Matniece 

more material

just save money till you need it

Ultrabook for sure, unless you're an avid 3D printing enthusiast (or want to be).

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Some more info about the laptop use, since it tips towards it(monny is going to fly out the window annyways):

I also do lighting, so i need something with a toutchscreen to work well with the software (Avolites Titan PC Suite). I like to do simple gaming when I am not in classes.
I sometimes do some photoshopping and other heavy tasks. Bying used in Norway is somthing that one simpely dont do, becuse peepole treat their computers like it was rotten tomatos. 
So it wil be that one (maybie the i5 version if i find it works nicely).

School info:
The school path I am going gets me a Certificate Of Apprenticeship In automation.
I am hevely dependent in something that works.

Vote in the pull in the top of the post!

What is your exact budget?  And, what is the shop you'd be ordering from?  That would give me a much better idea.  Honestly, I'd suggest something like a surface pro if you have the money.  The one in your op is not bad for some reason with broken glasses I read that as chrome book.  xD

My budget is about 1000USD or around 10000NOK. The shop(s) I wil be ordering for is eighter www.komplett.no or www.dustinhome.no. Both are norwegian sites, but dustinhome has a english verson as well.

The thing about 3D Printing is it's going to cost over time, a laptop won't aside from electricity.

I'd say for now, get a laptop, a used one is a good idea but make sure to test it first and imo, make sure the laptop has a fresh OS.

3D Printing is mighty fun but prints takes time to do and you'll spend most of your time either waiting for it to be done or designing something to print,and for that a good pc is usefull.

So tldr: laptop first, printer later.

In your situation, i would go with the laptop and save to get the 3d printer later. It will be better for you in the long run. Also, the seemecnc rostock max v2 is a great printer, so it would be a good choicefor a 3d printer. I have on and have gotten some pretty outstanding prints off of mine. If you have any questions about the printer just let me know.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Conclution time?

Wait with the 3D printer, Get the ultrabook i listed?

Thanks for the help, BTW! 

The 3D printer:

The Ultrabook:

I am a student if that has annything to say. I am not dependent on the money to survive.

I do noe NEED the 3d printer, but it wuld be really fun! And somewhat nice to hawe.

The PC in the other hand i kinda need and kinda don't. The Laptop i got works but is, slower to start up than a human, and runs like a Block of plastick.

you can get a better ultrabook

you can get a better ultrabook

It kinda alreddy at the edge of the budget, and i need its features...

It kinda alreddy at the edge of the budget, and i need its features...

i mean better ultrabook at that price point.

i mean better ultrabook at that price point.

The alternative wuld be a sufece. But that is a lot more expensive... I allso need the way the hinches works, and the touch. But if you got suggestions, I wil have a look at them.

Not trying to be rude, but this thread, to me, looks ridiculous. You are asking people on the Internet whether you should buy something. Now if it was like a comparison between two of the same type of products and you aren't sure which one to buy, then it's completely understandable. But an ultrabook and a 3d printer are completely different products. Its up to you as to whether you need one or the other and whether you will benefit from them on your daily life, or even if you should just save because no one here knows your financial standpoint (again, you're on the Internet). You have to judge for yourself.

Else people on the Internet are more than happy to scream "BUY" because it won't make a difference in their wallet. Besides, go ask someone who you live with (like your parents or something).

The 3D printer:

The Ultrabook:

I have a printer and I love it its cool but I say get a way cheaper one, you're paying for a brand. 

The alternative wuld be a sufece. But that is a lot more expensive... I allso need the way the hinches works, and the touch. But if you got suggestions, I wil have a look at them.

are u looking in convertibles or 2in1's?

Not trying to be rude, but this thread, to me, looks ridiculous. You are asking people on the Internet whether you should buy something. Now if it was like a comparison between two of the same type of products and you aren't sure which one to buy, then it's completely understandable. But an ultrabook and a 3d printer are completely different products. Its up to you as to whether you need one or the other and whether you will benefit from them on your daily life, or even if you should just save because no one here knows your financial standpoint (again, you're on the Internet). You have to judge for yourself.

Else people on the Internet are more than happy to scream "BUY" because it won't make a difference in their wallet. Besides, go ask someone who you live with (like your parents or something

Noted. My parents do not know annything about anny of the items. And they are not of the peepole who care about speed and efficiensy.

I am pretty new to the whole "ask the internet" thing. But I see that i shuld have explanined me further.

are u looking in convertibles or 2in1's?

Convertiboles Max price 1200USD. Need to "remove" The keybord, (hide it behind the screen or something)

Forget the 3D printer. It is one who sayd that it might be practical.

So. Are the Lenevo Yoga 3 14" a good Ultrabook? I think the Microsoft surface is a littel prisy for its performance, factor in that i wil allso need a keyboard for it. I can afford to pay a total of 1200USD.

It is 1300USD witch i can freely use on things for my enjoyment or invest in something useful.

TLDR:

Witch is best bang for the buck of:

Lenevo yoga 3 14" with_ I5-5200U. 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD at $1203USD

OR

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12" with: I5-4300U, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD at $195USD

Again, thank you gys for all youre help! 

Going for the Micorsoft surface, its does all i nead in a smal practical pakege.