100% disk usage windows 8.1

Haxxx

Title says it all. Out of the blue my pc started running at 100% disk which has caused random freezing. I have done a long list of things to try to sort this out.

Disabled certain services which are known for causing the problem(Bits,search,etc).

Switching power modes.

Scanned hard drive for errors etc.

The list is longer then that but I do not want to bore you with details. The problem is not only linked to this user account. I have made a second.

I ran Dism scanhealth and restorehealth and both threw back error 1392.

Will run chkdsk and post back details. From what I am seeing my HD is near death. Just wanted verification from you guys.

100% usage. 0 Read and write. 

Go onto that account and open Task Manager, scroll down and find the program that is using the HDD the most. That should be able to tell you what's wrong with your PC. And if it is a bunch of programs that are using the HDD, it is likely that your HDD is going to/will eventually die.

Go onto that account and open Task Manager, scroll down and find the program that is using the HDD the most. That should be able to tell you what's wrong with your PC. And if it is a bunch of programs that are using the HDD, it is likely that your HDD is going to/will eventually die.

Have been dealing with this for 3 days. No one program is using the disk moreso then others. The spikes happen and the disk read/write does not change what so ever. It is really confusing.

Ive seen this before, how much ram do you have?

Im guessing the pagefile is being used.

use crystaldiskinfo to tell you if it needs to be repalced

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ive seen this before, how much ram do you have?

Im guessing the pagefile is being used.

8 Gigs ram. Current ram usage is 3gig. Pagefile min is 8gig max is 16gig. Swapped that day one I saw the issue with no change.

Mine was doing this after a PC crash when I was playing Rocket League. I fixed it by refreshing Windows, or whatever it's called.

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black

Service Host: Local system takes up the entirety of my HDD active time on Phoenix for a good 5 minutes after it boots. Right pain in the arse because it's actually a fast drive. The IO stays low but the pactive time sits at full

Currently 3 hours after a reboot. Still at 100%. I would deal with it and shrug it off if it didn't cause freezing and program lockups. The fact that those are happening is what is making me look into it.