Router takes on a life of its own

theereal

So, a couple of minutes ago i started noticing that i was lagging like sh*t ingame, so i did a speedtest, here are the results, 0,42mbps download, 93,42mbps upload and 842ms delay :P i restarted the router and its back to normal, but just, wow :P

So, a couple of minutes ago i started noticing that i was lagging like sh*t ingame, so i did a speedtest, here are the results, 0,42mbps download, 93,42mbps upload and 842ms delay :P i restarted the router and its back to normal, but just, wow :P

Sounds like you are getting DDOSed and if your line is dynamic reboot your modem & router will get your a new ip which fix the problem.

But if the person who is DDOSing your got your IP address again, than you shit out of luck and will need reboot everything again.  ;)

Sounds like you are getting DDOSed and if your line is dynamic reboot your modem & router will get your a new ip which fix the problem.

But if the person who is DDOSing your got your IP address again, than you shit out of luck and will need reboot everything again.  ;)

Let's not jump on the DDOS bandwagon here... There is nowhere near enough information to get at that. Secondly just restarting a modem/router will almost always get you the same IP address as the lease hasn't expired. For example my ISP runs lease timers of 30 minutes.