Vinyl Wrapping. A newbies attempt.

Hebdomad

So I decided on a whim to play around with vinyl wrapping a pc case.
The plan was rather simple at first. Buy uber tacky looking wrap, stick it on. Done.
Not the case. It takes a little more skill to do it right than I might have thought.

If you are a newbie at vinyl wrapping like me, firstly I would recommend doing something small and flat. Like the top of a mouse. I tend to do things stupid hard way, so I went with a PC case. Why is this harder? The answer is hard edges. Anything more than a hard 45 degree angle will mean you’ll need to get the heat gun out. Corners are also tough to do right.

A word of warning with your heat gun, too hot and you’ll wrinkle the vinyl.

So I’ve spent a whole bunch of money on a mod that looks rather horrendous.
Could this have turned out better? Yes, but I would need a lot more skill. I would also need to grab some vinyl that did not look so horrendously bad. But hey, some people might actually like this, each to their own taste. I’ll probably be ripping this lot off. Lucky for me vinyl can be removed without damage.

Was it a waste of money? probaly. Did I learn a lot? yes, I certainly did.

post-61243-0-01971400-1437310213.jpg

post-61243-0-81728300-1437310214.jpg

post-61243-0-01971400-1437310213.jpg

post-61243-0-81728300-1437310214.jpg

From the picture it looks very nice, although the picture isn't exactly the best. After looking at it for a few minutes I think I want to wrap my Enthoo Pro too just like you did except with white.

Now let's see how much vinyl costs... from a quick look about $85, just cheap enough to seriously consider.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

From the picture it looks very nice, although the picture isn't exactly the best. After looking at it for a few minutes I think I want to wrap my Enthoo Pro too just like you did except with white.

Now let's see how much vinyl costs... from a quick look about $85, just cheap enough to seriously consider.

Checkout. 

http://www.tiptopsigns.com/

Probably the best priced if you are in North America.

If you are going to go vinyl, you might as well get a nice pattern.

Paint is cheap.

$85 worth would easily do a whole case.

Checkout. 

http://www.tiptopsigns.com/

Probably the best priced if you are in North America.

If you are going to go vinyl, you might as well get a nice pattern.

Paint is cheap.

$85 worth would easily do a whole case.

Except I'm in Australia, I only had a quick look before and it was $85 for 3 metres.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Except I'm in Australia, I only had a quick look before and it was $85 for 3 metres.

From Melbourne myself. ^_^

My advice would be do something very flat like a side panel. Use heat to wrap it around to the other side to hide your sins so to speak.

You don't want to mess up $80 of vinyl on your first try.