Fan cable or splitter for H100i

So I'm thinking of putting 2 120mm fans in my 350D to try and get some positive air pressure into the case.

I've got a H100i and I use Corsair Link to control everything.

I've noticed that theres a place for something on the side of the water block and I'm wondering if that's a place where I can put another cable for another fan.

If I can't use that, can I just use a splitter and would everything still work fine.

Thanks

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

The H100i comes with two fan splitter's so you can have 4 fans in push pull, on the left side of the waterblock there is the usb connection for you to control the fan speed with corsair link on the top there is the two headers that the splitter's go into.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

That information is not useful whatsoever. I have one of the top headers for the H100i fans and the other one for controlling the front and back.

On the left side of the block is another place for something that's not for the USB:
 corsair-h100i-cpu-cooler-custom-pc-revie

The next part of the question, could I just add a splitter to the H100i Splitter?

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

That information is not useful whatsoever. I have one of the top headers for the H100i fans and the other one for controlling the front and back.

On the left side of the block is another place for something that's not for the USB:

corsair-h100i-cpu-cooler-custom-pc-revie

The next part of the question, could I just add a splitter to the H100i Splitter?

how is his information not helpful? He basically answered everything you were asking lol, and if he didn't, then ask your question again in a different wording so we understand what you're asking for.

You can plug 4 fans into the block, there is 2 splitters. I'm unsure if you can split the splitter, as it may not deliver enough power to 4 fans per "plug-in"

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

That information is not useful for me, as it didn't answer anything. so I should also say I'm using it like a normal person would...

Does anyone know what that plug on the side is for?

ps: sorry if im being negative atm. Its very late and living on campus is not helping me sleep atm =\

That information is not useful for me, as it didn't answer anything. so I should also say I'm using it like a normal person would...

ps: sorry if im being negative atm. Its very late and living on campus is not helping me sleep atm =\

All the plugs are for:

2 separate plugs are for the fan splitters.

1 plug is plugged into a USB header on your motherboard to use all the software

1 plug is molex for the power

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

That is an in/out port for Corsair Link. You can either connect the H100i to a Corsair Link commander module, or connect a module into it.

That is an in/out port for Corsair Link. You can either connect the H100i to a Corsair Link commander module, or connect a module into it.

Thank you. Is there a way I can use corsair link to control the new fans?

Yeah once you plug in the fans into the y-splitter coming from the h100i block, it'll pop up in your corsair link 2 software window

so I can use a splitter on the splitter and it will all work fine?

so I can use a splitter on the splitter and it will all work fine?

all the splitter does is relay power, PWM signal (if used) and one tach signal from

one fan. the rest are treated as slave fans and cycle as per voltage or PWM cycle (%).

so having a line of splitters to another splitter can cause some issues (mainly tach,

can exhibit jumpy rpm from bleed through on other signal lines).

fan ---------- fan _____________ fan ---------------- fan

___splitter _____________________splitter____

______________splitter ______________

can be used (just gotta watch tach in app)

airdeano

Corsair Link already controls those fans. If you use a Y splitter on the splitter, you lose the ability to control each individual fan. If you want Corsair Link fan control, you can buy a Corsair Link Cooling Node, although those are a bit pricey.

Corsair Link already controls those fans. If you use a Y splitter on the splitter, you lose the ability to control each individual fan. If you want Corsair Link fan control, you can buy a Corsair Link Cooling Node, although those are a bit pricey.

Individual control for the fans isn't that big of a deal to me, as long as I can control the front, top and rear fans separately from each other that would be nice

Individual control for the fans isn't that big of a deal to me, as long as I can control the front, top and rear fans separately from each other that would be nice

Well... I would imagine that a Y splitter would work. If you've seen the back of a Corsair H100 non-i, you would see that it has 4 individual PWM fans connectors on the back. Its pretty much the same thing on the H100i. The Y-splitter isn't really splitting anything, its just an adapter. Since the pump does get its own power, I would imagine that the fans would work properly with a Y splitter on the "Corsair Splitter", its just that the RPM moitor would be monitoring only one of the fans. Just not that the Corsair Link software uses PWM fan control, so 3 pins would always run at close to max speed.

I've used this in a build to save an internal USB header from being used up by connecting the AX760i cable to the block instead of the motherboard. It's quite useful if you have things with corsair link.