Mono in Windows?

Cohacq

Is there any way to make all sounds come out of both speakers in Windows 7? I'm completely deaf on my right ear and this makes using headphones a pain because stuff on the right side is usually really low volume or completely muted.

In your audio drivers you should be able to adjust balance.

Try going into playback devices by right clicking the volume icon and configure your device to play stereo and test it so you can get sound on both ears.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

If the above does not help, make sure your speaker or headphones are well inserted in your sound card. Also try a different pair of headphones, they might be broken.

If the above does not help, make sure your speaker or headphones are well inserted in your sound card. Also try a different pair of headphones, they might be broken.
It's not the phones that are broken, it's my right ear. i'm completely deaf on that side.

Balance is only L/R volume, not making everything go through both speakers.

Try going into playback devices by right clicking the volume icon and configure your device to play stereo and test it so you can get sound on both ears.
Lowest it goes is Stereo. I need mono...

I've just had a look then and yes you are right however if he is deaf in one ear - why not pan everything to the ear that he can hear from? Also - in my audio drivers there are options to run in mono or stereo

So you want the same sound on both ears so you will get the same volumes on both ears?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

So why not pan everything to the left ear?

It's essentially is mono

nothing works to get the strike effect.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

So why not pan everything to the left ear?

It's essentially is mono

nothing works to get the strike effect.

Using the pan option doesnt send everything to the left channel. It just lowers the volume on the right channel.