Xbox 360 Laptop

DirectPulse

PLAN

Make A Xbox 360 Laptop Before August 8th (My Vacation)

At Least Under 3 Inches Tall

Make A Custom case from Aluminum 

Have the Screen be 720p and 17 Inches

Custom Paint Job (Lime Green)

(Might Be More That I Forgot)

WHY?

The reason I am doing this is mainly because I like the challenge. Last Summer at age 13 I built my first PC and this Summer i wanted another challenge. Also a learning experience, since I have never soldered before in my life this seems like a good opportunity to. Also i want to get into modding. Remember I am young so hopefully i learn a lot while doing this. Lastly i want to play my Xbox on my 7 hour car trip to Virginia Beach. Considering I haven't played Xbox for over 6 months now don't just think I'm doing this cause I'm an addicted kid cause i am not. 

PARTS

These parts I have purchased already:

Coolerguys Dual 80mm USB Cooling Fans

Belkin Ultra DMA/ATA IDE Ribbon Cable (18 Inches, 3 Connectors)

AmazonBasics 4-Port USB 2.0 Ultra-Mini Hub

2 of Online Metal Supply 7075-T6 Alclad Aluminum Sheet .040" x 12" x 24"

15Pcs 40 Pin 2.54 mm Single Row (L 11MM) Male Header for Arduino Prototype Shield DIY

Parts i need:

LCD 17inch 720p Monitor (If anyone finds a decent priced one on ebay please tell me)

Spray Paint (Lime Green)

(More Stuff I Probably Forgot) 

Well There will be pictures later tonight, considering i just took the Xbox Apart using this instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Disassemble-a-Xbox-360/?ALLSTEPS

Or just bring a potato with you ;)

Or just bring a potato with you ;)

I mean I would love to have a gaming laptop, but it is out of my budget. Plus, this seems way more fun

Sorry if you guys got excited about me saying 3 inches. I just measured some more and i feel it will be around 4 inches. Considering this isn't a slim its the first type of model. 

Sorry if you guys got excited about me saying 3 inches. I just measured some more and i feel it will be around 4 inches. Considering this isn't a slim its the first type of model. 

Well, can you rearrange the hardware and make it flatter?

Sig under construction.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

I'm pretty excited about this and I'll be sure to follow!

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Well, can you rearrange the hardware and make it flatter?

not a hundred percent sure the hardware (aka heatsinks) are super tall. 

UPDATE #1: Ordering and Taking Apart The Xbox

To Start things off i just ordered a desoldering iron that will come to my house on Monday and then everything else that i said i have already is coming to my house on Tuesday.

I still need to find a monitor but this project made me spend about $90 already and that leaves me with 20 so i have to work at my grandmas this week to get enough money for the monitor. Other than that its just research from here on out. 

So Here are pictures of the taken apart Xbox:

Table Of Parts:

post-245878-0-65149300-1437258739_thumb.

For Some Reason It Wont let me upload all my photos it says they are too big.. Does anyone know a website were i can upload photos?

For Some Reason It Wont let me upload all my photos it says they are too big.. Does anyone know a website were i can upload photos?

imgur works for me

This is a signature.

Thank you 79 Potatoes. 

Update #1 Extended:

So here are all the pictures: http://imgur.com/pfNj0ub,MtJhrFf,NMXpjjO#0

In Guides people flatten the capacitors to save room, but i feel that i wont need to due to the heat sink problem. More updates will be on Monday and Tuesday. Tomorrow i have a graduation party and i need to research some more.  

Thank you 79 Potatoes. 

Update #1 Extended:

So here are all the pictures: http://imgur.com/pfNj0ub,MtJhrFf,NMXpjjO#0

In Guides people flatten the capacitors to save room, but i feel that i wont need to due to the heat sink problem. More updates will be on Monday and Tuesday. Tomorrow i have a graduation party and i need to research some more.  

You're welcome :)

I'm interested on what are you going to do with the heatsinks

This is a signature.

Update #2: Prototype 1.0 and Found a Monitor

1. So I was looking for a monitor and i realized that I have a 20 inch monitor that I use as my second monitor. I feel that it is worth sacrificing so i can save some money cause i still need to buy/ order stuff so heres the monitor http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01694120 It has a 16:9 display so i feel it should be good. Also a huge plus is it has built in speakers! Also i found an adapter cable and more things that i will be able to use for my build on amazon. Since its my first build i want to take things slow and not rush things. So if i use an adapter cable its just because it makes it easier on myself because this can be overwhelming. 

2. I like to stay up late and tonight i was feeling very productive so after i found out i can use one of my monitors i measured and found it  to be about 18 inches with no sides. After that i wanted to make my prototype but my original plan was to make it with the cardboard boxes from all the stuff i ordered, but again since i was feeling so productive i measured a very rough ROUGH draft of that i want the size to be. Its length is around 19 inches and the width is only 10.5. The pictures of my monitor and prototype can be found below. 

Pictures: http://imgur.com/TMoeNCG,xh58hv3

The Ben Heck Show on youtube did an

a bit back and he also did
as well that might help you with this project.

I subbed to this project because this is interesting

yea i like his vids! Im trying to base it off that

Ok so this is how i plan to fix this heatsink problem.. So i have an intel stock cooler from m 4690k and i measured it and it would most likely need a small amount of modding on the mobo. I feel i can put the cpu cooler on top of the GPU heatsink which would make it about an inch or half an inch shorter. I wish i had the slim cause i would have never had to do this but whatever i guess.

Sorry If im spamming but cant i just put the heatsink and take the fan off the heat sink and just use the heatsink and no fan? If anyone can help me with this one id be so thankful

Sorry If im spamming but cant i just put the heatsink and take the fan off the heat sink and just use the heatsink and no fan? If anyone can help me with this one id be so thankful

As far as that goes..I don't think so. I feel it would probably be quite hot.

As far as that goes..I don't think so. I feel it would probably be quite hot.

Yeah i feel it will get hot too. .i just need to get the heatsink cut down... hmm