Fans to keep R7970s cool.

Eric Kazer

Wondering how adding some delta fan to the case would help in keeping GPUs cool. I have 2 R7970s running on a Sabertooth 990FX with a FX8150. I have seen them hit 68c after playing Crysis 2. I was thinking about adding 2 Cougar Vortex 120 mm fans because I have tham already. I tried it when I had my HD 6870s in a diferant case, and it worked there. I would say that they ran around 5c cooler,and were able to cooldown faster. I would say that the 200mm MegaFlow is too fare from the GPUs to help them stay cool. Haveing fans closer to cards woul help. What have others tried in a 650D with 2 R7970s in Crossfire?

Are you saying your gonna use those 10,000RPM Delta fans?

When i overclock and benchmark, i take the entire side off, and feed air from the cool night in with a 5000mm fan. I get like 4-5 c lower.

Just 1 question, if you have temps at 68°C why do you worry? you can get any fans that have a good CFM and that are quiet, get some Scythe fans, they are cheap and are quite good, just get fan speed reducers or buy low rpm, you will be fine

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

yeah no. Deltas are not for normal use and will not work with your motherboard the need a high end fan controlled and are ungodly loud just get a resonably cheap fan with good CFM.

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

Personally I dont see the need for it, those temps are great!

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

Go ahead, add them to your system, if you don't mind the sound (some Delta's are insanely loud). I lost some flesh to those fans when I was testing them, so be warned.

Alright,

I'll just use 2 Cougers Vortex 120mm from hard drive bays. Those Asus suite warnigs are annoying. Blow them at cards to help cool temps. Runs them off of fan headers on MoBo. Think I have 2 PWMs left on board. Well 3 left if I count CPU Opt. Have 2 on Y connector for H100 to CPU header, 200mm MegaFlow to fan header 4, and fan 3 is rear 120mm Couger Vortex. I don't think that have 2 more 120 Cougar Vortex fans running in silant mode would hurt. the CPU fans are running 933 RPM right now in silant. Thats around 40 CFM. @ that RPM, 70 at 1500 RPM.